So we passed 10 Million forum posts!

Total Posts

Total Members

Imagine if you charged $1 per membership - along with your subscription costs, and 10 cents a post, and the revenue from the adverts lol - You could retire !

I think I got the currency right, Im from the UK

Righty-o! :)

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin.

I joined after Unimatrix Xero helped me out with a few computer problems. All the solutions he gave to me all came from threads on Neowin, so I decided to sign up originally just in case I needed help in the future, but I ended up becoming a full-time member. :)

2) And what kept you here as an active user of the site.

The Gamers' Hangout, The Media Room, The Sporting Arena, The Neobahn, the Jokes & Funny Stuff section, and the NeoBay, where I've done deals with many different Neowin members. :)

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin;

I had a question that I need answers to? Really can't remember..

Mostly to find out new TV series worth watching :D

Plus I still have questions now and again, and everyone's always been quick and helpful. Not all of that 10 million were spam!

WOOO, LETS SPAM NEOWIN FOR 10 MILLION MORE! :p

Tell Us Why You Joined;

A friend told me about this site about a year before I actually signed up. I would visit it often for updated news on windows and other stories, and would browse the forums to see how I could better tweak windows and certain apps to work better on my older computer.

And What Kept Me Here and Active;

After about a year of browsing, I decided I would join in on the conversations. Everything I read here made everyone seem intelligent and open, so I wanted in. After joining, I got sucked into the more nerdy side of the site, Media and Gaming :p ,and have been posting quite actively ever since, and have met some really cool minds.

I haven't ever seen a forum where it seemed so relaxed yet professional. Everything is very nicely done.

Neobond! Hey, Steven, I've been here since I think August of 2001. Can I get a Tier2 Subscription? I love this site!! :cool: :woot:

If you joined after 2001 and still active:

In about a week, I'll be looking at this thread and randomly selecting 10 members from a join date after 2001 (so 2002 - 2011) for a free Tier2 as well, the only requirement will be:

Thanks, and lets hope we can talk about this again in ten years time (with hopefully 20 Million posts, or more). (Y)

Joined after 2001 :p

1. Joined neowin, because I HAD to register in order to ask help about my problem ( I think heatsink issues, to lazy to look for my first post), but the member replies I got were actually very helpful and then I stumbled across the hardware hangout and started asking about upgrade advice, and so I became hooked, teh rest is history :p ... Though I think I created an account first around late 2003 (Northenstar or Northenwind or something along those lines for the same issue(heatsink), but never got around to posting, forgot my password and the email I had used was a dodgeit.com email for spam so I wasn't able to retrieve teh password :wacko: )

2. Bottom line, people here are nice :)

3. I do hope i'm active for when we reach 20m ( if the world doesn't end in 2012.)

Neobond! Hey, Steven, I've been here since I think August of 2001. Can I get a Tier2 Subscription? I love this site!! :cool: :woot:

Yep (Y)

Yep (Y)

Wow. I am blown away! Thank you so much! :woot:

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin:

I followed Neowin before with was Neowin (don't remember the original name of the site...) Loved the news section and reading through the forums.

2) And what kept you here as an active user of the site:

One of the only Tech sites I visit multiple times daily (and that isn't counting all the forum visits!)

I have only been here a year and i love it here

I was originally recommended this site by simrat (another member here) and it was then that i fell in love with neowin :)

it's the tech news and mostly the people that keep me here, you're all great and make this forum great :)

i purchased my tier 2 subscription shorty after joining so it should be running out here in a few weeks, so if i could get a free tier 2 subscription for another year that would be awesome :) if not i'd gladly pay for another year :)

Like alot of others I joing to ask a question (no idea on what) and was pointed here by a friend. Lurked for way too long and now post more and more.

Stay here cause of the intelegent conversations and the differing views on just about every topic there is. Will still be here for a good few years yet...

I joined Neowin after seeing somebody else in the college library (way back when) browsing, and decided to take a look myself.

I stuck around because it was simply one of the most well rounded and well run tech communities I have ever come across. I don't post an awful lot, but the forums are very enjoyable to browse.

It must have been early 2007 (aged 15) when I first started coming here, I was generally interested in technology even then, I lurked for awhile before jumping in and getting involved. I don't post as often as I would like but I read here every day if I can.

There is always something interesting to read here, The community is very well managed with staff that are actively involved with the community making it a pleasant place to spend some of the day.

Congratulations on 10 million!

Nice, congrats!

Joined October 2001 because of Windows XP Beta coverage, and have stayed ever since because of the #1 tech news and community.

Thanks, Neowin!

1) Tell us why you joined Neowin

Got my first PC, and needed to find a place that could offer advice, help in a friendly forum.

2) And what kept you here as an active user of the site

Over the years I have found most if not all of my Tech news right here,

Neowin is the site I check first, every morning, that's my first couple of hours taken care of.

Next Thurs the 28th is my 7th Neowin anniversary,

here's to the next 7 and 20+ Million posts.

Joined Neowin because of the hardware advice and overclocking support.

Still here for the news, despite starting to bash MS a little..

I was 14 or 15 and a technological idiot. I thought some bully from school was hacking me so I asked for help here. Then everyone was like "lol" and John S closed my thread. Good times.

This site is how I learned about computers and tech in general. I was the kind of guy who thought pressing a single key on a keyboard would self destruct a computer. I've come a long way since then :p

I continue to learn and keep up with news thanks to Neowin.

Neowin is the first site I open each day. The wealth of tech information immense but the sense of community is the real treasure. Many good sites come and go but when we were offline and only had a gathering on MSN communities I really missed this place. Long live Neowin! :yes:

I was browsing xp-erience.org/NTFS.org/osnn.net daily but sometimes it would take them up to a week to post any new news content. I started looking for a site that was updated daily and had a more active community, and I saw that they had a link to Neowin on their front page, so I clicked it and never went back. I initially signed up to get help with some computer problem I was having...

...and then I figured I could help others with their problems and questions as well. :)