PSN Down

pretty small number, thanks for the info though, didn't know. So if you want to play CoD world at war with 3 other people only, use a VPN tunnel! LAN gaming is dying (even on the PC gaming front) and that's sad :(

May 31st? And then SONY wonders why they get attacked over and over again.

It sucks having to wait for the PSN to go back up, I have some games waiting to be played online, but this is beyond silly.

It sucks having to wait for the PSN to go back up, I have some games waiting to be played online, but this is beyond silly.

i like how they are still running ads about how good a game socom 4 is online but you can't play it online...

I bet when PSN does come up people are STILL going to complain no matter what Sony gives them in terms of freebies and new features.

well, i have to say the complaints will be justified. i've just joined the PS3 family and i can't even test the online capabilities beyond the friggin web browser, which no one uses i'm sure even thogh it's a nice touch. the fact that they've been off for three weeks is very telling, something has truly gone awry. i love the PS3 but as a new member i feel quite disappointed in all this, cause otherwise it's all good.

EDIT: good to see you back, Soldier!

Boo hoo. Cry me a river. Why don't you get out and *shock horror* do some REAL activities, like playing sports?

Huh Your's lucky. I took my PS3 to a mates who didn't have a 1080p TV and ended up resetting my PS3 to get it to work, Now I can't play anything as I get trophy errors or messages telling me I need to activate my console! Lovely paperweight though.

hey testman, you do realize you're on a gaming forum, where people who love games talk about them? i know you're a troll and i'm feeding you big time, but still, it had to be said.

Huh Your's lucky. I took my PS3 to a mates who didn't have a 1080p TV and ended up resetting my PS3 to get it to work, Now I can't play anything as I get trophy errors or messages telling me I need to activate my console! Lovely paperweight though.

:blink: Why would you do that? All you have to do is hold the power button for about 5 seconds after it comes on from stand by and it will beep. That resets display and audio settings, but doesn't default the console.

:blink: Why would you do that? All you have to do is hold the power button for about 5 seconds after it comes on from stand by and it will beep. That resets display and audio settings, but doesn't default the console.

That's what I was about to say. Can't fault Sony for users incompetence....

Also, everyone, shut up about Sony taking too long. Would you rather them bring it back up right now, and then get hacked again? Hell no. You want it done right? Then give them time. Everyone is in a damn rush these days, no one wants to wait. It's like Dane Cooks joke about teleporters and the DMV.... no one will ever be happy no matter how fast everything is... and maybe if our ps3 just punched us in the face, we wouldn't think other things were so bad lol.

If Sony didn't do this right, and was hacked or brought down again, they would lose almost all of us. Most people in this world can forgive one failure. But two normally will put anyone off of anything. Sony knows this. So to make sure that their product doesn't get killed, and their name tarnished even worse, they are taking their time and hopefully will get it right. No system is unhack/crackable... but hopefully this one will be enough to stop the problems as of lately.

I can see on this page that people still can't read, or/and the journalists running these articles today have indeed caused a mass epidemic of headline only reading.

Not only are they headline only reading but the headlines are often filled with misinformation or sensationalist remarks.

Tell me about it, IGN put their article up - http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1166810p1.html , got schooled by members, then had to add this

Updated: Whilst May 31 is the date that Sony aims to return full functionality to the PSN service, including the PSN Store, according to the PlayStation Blog the company aims to restore online gameplay before that date.

I mean seriously, who the **** get's paid to run these websites with such crappy research? The worst thing is the IGN article went up hours after the others went up.

It's just unbelievable an 8 day old article gets rebooted onto the net because one site pops up saying they phoned Sony, who obviously iterated what they said 8 days ago, and all of a sudden it's brand new news.

We've known for over a week the end of may is what is planned for all services, PSN is coming up earlier, but we have mass waves of epidemics involving people saying NO PSN until end of May? Did the journalists suddenly forget what news they covered a week ago?

Sony have to get off their asses and speak up about this, people are just unable to read, and journalists are running wild with headlines that damage Sony. Longer they wait, the worst it will get (N)

edit: I've just noticed Sony have

[update 09/05/11]

Regarding the aim of the full restoration of PSN services by the 31st May : -

Restoration of Online Gamplay is the FIRST phase of the plan to restore the PSN.

I can see on this page that people still can't read, or/and the journalists running these articles today have indeed caused a mass epidemic of headline only reading.

I agree with you Audio.

I'm glad they are doing some clarification but I think the masses are too dumb to realize it and they need more details soon :(

I'm glad they are doing some clarification but I think the masses are too dumb to realize it and they need more details soon :(

Too true.

That is certainly helping.

Like it was already said, online play should be up and running before that date. May 31st is all-systems go date.

That's what I was about to say. Can't fault Sony for users incompetence....

Also, everyone, shut up about Sony taking too long. Would you rather them bring it back up right now, and then get hacked again? Hell no. You want it done right? Then give them time. Everyone is in a damn rush these days, no one wants to wait. It's like Dane Cooks joke about teleporters and the DMV.... no one will ever be happy no matter how fast everything is... and maybe if our ps3 just punched us in the face, we wouldn't think other things were so bad lol.

If Sony didn't do this right, and was hacked or brought down again, they would lose almost all of us. Most people in this world can forgive one failure. But two normally will put anyone off of anything. Sony knows this. So to make sure that their product doesn't get killed, and their name tarnished even worse, they are taking their time and hopefully will get it right. No system is unhack/crackable... but hopefully this one will be enough to stop the problems as of lately.

Even if they take a whole year to try to fix it and make it bulletproof, it will probably get attacked and breached. That is what sucks about the current situation.

Even if they take a whole year to try to fix it and make it bulletproof, it will probably get attacked and breached. That is what sucks about the current situation.

Ya, there is nothing they can fully do to not have a hole some where. But hopefully they can make all data unreadable and have alerts that go off sooner.. Or... They should hire Mr. Babbage " The Plague" to guard their servers. :p

PSN Restoration Timeline Update

I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can?t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We?re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

Playstation Blog

A few more days *sigh*

Key words... AT LEAST :( what is the at most :p

The say at most it will be until the end of May.

As I've mentioned before, that's fine with me. At least I can finish my singleplayer games before CoD:BO takes over again. :laugh:

The say at most it will be until the end of May.

As I've mentioned before, that's fine with me. At least I can finish my singleplayer games before CoD:BO takes over again. :laugh:

I finally finished Socom 4, on normal though. That game seems almost impossible on Hard... enemies never need to reload it seems and kill you with in a second of seeing you LOL. Now I'm in the process of lvling up all my weapons through easy matches with tons of enemies... I'll be prepared for online play for sure :)

Looks like Sony's plan is to bore the hackers to death :p

Seems to be working with the crumbling Anon! :laugh: