Tip: How to prevent dirctory scaning by Android Gallery

How To Prevent A Directory From Being Scanned By Android Gallery

The quick and smooth loading of your picture Gallery lasts only while your Android device is new or freshly wiped. After you?ve filled your device with apps, music and picture albums to your heart?s content, it begins to take more than its due share of time to scan your SD card for images, loading everything from pictures taken from the camera to wallpapers, album art and extracted icon packs. Generally, users don?t want album art and icons cluttering the gallery and leeching its loading speed. Some might even wish to hide a particular directory or picture album from the gallery. If either of the aforementioned holds true for you, join us after the jump for the solution.

While most gallery apps, such as the Sense and MIUI native galleries, might allow you to hide directories from the interface, they usually don?t stop loading such directories on launch...

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-prevent-a-directory-from-being-scanned-by-android-gallery/

Or you can just use QuickPic and have excluded/included folders without the bulls**& retarded "tilt" and "3D" animations that the Gallery 3D app wastes your time on.

Or you can just use QuickPic and have excluded/included folders without the bulls**& retarded "tilt" and "3D" animations that the Gallery 3D app wastes your time on.

Quick pic is cool. Thanks for mentioning it.

Quick pic is cool. Thanks for mentioning it.

I just think it's a hell of a lot better, but then again, I have a bit of a lower specced device (Sprint Hero) and I have insane issues with G3D. Here, let me paste my complaitns from my XDA thread:

~ Why does it take so long to "index" all my photos?

~ Why do I not have an option to disable all the retarded tilt/sliding animations?

~ Why can I not use it without it prompting me a million times to access my Picasa Web Albums (which I do NOT want to see)?

~ Why does it not remember my place when I go back to my homescreen?

The frustration I'm facing is coming from trying to place shortcuts on my Launcher Pro homescreen using custom icons. Gallery3D is the only registered handler to pick photos, and Its driving me nuts. The folder structure seems to randomly change order, the thumbnail cache of all the folders seems to be continuously rebuilt, there's just SO many things I hate about it.

QuickPic solved everything for me :). Super simple, lightweight, and very, very easy to use.