Differences Between Android 2.2 & Honeycomb? (Galaxy Tab vs Transforme

What is the big differences between these two versions? Besides one been designed for Tablets.

I have a iPad but quite fancy getting a Android table to play around with and now that there is a few quality cheap models coming out, I might have a pop down to the shops and have a play.

The two that now look interesting and cheap are the Galaxy Tab wifi only and the new Transformer.

Now I much prefer the size and design of the Samsung but getting something with 2.2 on it feels like a backward step, buying yesterdays tech, and while the transformer does have Honeycomb from images I've seen it looks quite a bit bigger then the iPad and Xoom.

Work wise I'm a designer/web developer/coder, is there any useful apps on Android that would be useful in that? I have a SSH client and FTP on my iPad but thats about it

Honeycomb shares the same core as Froyo and Gingerbread with tweaks for multicore support and 2D HW acceleration. The UI is always totally different.

Me personally, I wouldn't bother with Android tablets that don't run Honeycomb. 2.2 and 2.3 weren't designed for tablets.

Main difference between Android 2.xx and Honeycomb is one is designed for smartphone and the other is for tablet. I find Android 2.xx on a tablet is buggy and lags in comparision with Honeycomb.

Is there any reason why Honeycomb can't be installed onto the Galaxy Tab or would it run badly?

Just a pity they seem to be concentrating on the 10inch market at the moment.

Is there any reason why Honeycomb can't be installed onto the Galaxy Tab or would it run badly?

Just a pity they seem to be concentrating on the 10inch market at the moment.

Probably Honeycomb basic hardware requirements doesn't meet Galaxy Tab such as dual core Nvidia Tegra 2, screen resolution of 1280x720, and ARM Cortex A-9. I don't think the perfomance Honeycomb on Galaxy Tab be any different except performance/hardware acceleration.