Orange - The worst internet provider ever!

Okay, I just remembered this and had to share it, one of the funniest websites I've seen: http://www.nouptime.com/

I'm going to link it in the joke section too, but thought I should link here too, it's actually a joke web hosting service

haha, thats awesome.

I've not been with Orange before, but I have been with a fair few Internet providers, and this is my view:

Sky: Good. Reliable connection, but only cost-effective if you have the TV and Phone packages.

TalkTalk: Worst Internet Provider in the UK. Poor connection, always down, routers constantly needed resetting. My 3G Vodafone USB device outperformed this connection.

Virgin Media: Great, but not available to a lot of us.

BeUnlimited: The best ADSL provider imo. Great speeds, seems to be always on. However, the router tends to choke under stress (connection drops, but reconnects within a few moments).

BT: Actually quite good.

Any provider? Ok then, LIME (Cable & Wireless). Looks like most of the providers in the responses are from Britain, but I guarantee that LIME (Caribbean) is by far the worst provider on the planet. It has no real competition where I live, (despite Digicel being here) so it's got not reason to improve. The maximum speed they offer is 8MB/s. On a 1MB/s connection the most I ever get is 120kb/s, at midnight, seemingly when everyone in my district is asleep. And they claim to be rolling out an 8MB/s plan but haven't given any news as to how that's going, or when you can expect it in your area. In fact, I'm in the same district as their HQ and that 8MB/s is nowhere to be seen. For a 166 square mile island with very little in the way of hills or other obstructions, it sure is taking a while. As for customer support? Ha! They removed our call centre, and put it in St. Lucia. Since the English-speaking Caribbean has many accents and dialects, you probably won't understand the person on the line. They give us cheap modems which seem to be designed to self-destruct after a year. They have had more than 3 24/hr outages since the year's start. Each time they never inform us of what is wrong. If you tell them you are experiencing slower than usual speeds (which is really slow), they go through the same troubleshooting process over and over, even if you tell them it's been done before. They try to avoid as much actual troubleshooting as they can. They even go as far as to reccommend you upgrade to one of their higher packages. If they can't even get 1MB/s right why would I trust them with 2. Yes, our highest plan is 2 since the 8 is so elusive. They even offer a 1.5 MB/s plan, wow. The irony here is that they're also named after a fruit, but it's much more sour that an orange :p

I'm with Orange, have to agree their 1st line support are rubbish. Any problems I have had though has generally been fixed once it has been passed to the 2nd line support or faults department.

I had one 1st line support on the phone the other week telling me that deleting cookies and temp internet files would speed up the connection between workstation and router (100mb copper)....after me telling him our IP profile for the line was 135kbps. I've now got a nice Netgear router from them :)

I would, if I had the chance move to Zen...mainly for quality and static IPs....anybody know of any way I can get out of the contract?

GE

Well, after confronting my brother due to what has been said about TalkTalk, I asked him why he moved us there and quoted what has been said. Apparently there is a new exchange being added in less than 2 miles down the road.