wide fast primes for nikon

Are there any wide fast full frame primes for nikon that aren't $2000? Something like a... 20mm f2 or something like that? Closest I can find is a 35mm f2.0. Was hoping for something wider.

yea I want AF. 14-24's too expensive, and it's on my list to buy once I get a "D800" anyway.

I was hoping there was an older "cheap" fast wide angle; 35mm is too wide i guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_F-mount

I want full frame cuz the next camera I get will probably be full frame. This is under the assumption that Nikon doesn't do much to shake up the current line up. For example, if the "D800" can't increase it's FPS to 8fps or higher by adding a grip and doesn't have a pop-up flash, then I might pass.

If you really need something faster than 2.8 then your only option is 24/2 AIS (manual focus). It is the only fast wide prime that you could get relatively cheap. However the lens is hard to find despite the fact that it's been in production till 2005.

ai242.jpg

Best option is to save up for 24/1.4 or 14-24/2.8 :D

Andre: 14-24 is on the list. When I buy my "D800" I'll most likely get the 14-24 with it or very soon after.

oh awesome. Thanks Argot. I wonder why I couldn't find those! :(