May 2011 Desktops

I haven't updated my Windows Desktop so I'm only posting my Linux desktop

Ubuntu 10.04 32bit

Theme: Ambiance

Icons: Faenza

Dock: Docky

Wallpaper link

post-255746-0-24882900-1304615940.png

That's Fences in action. All he has to do is double click on the desktop and it all disappears.

Still doesn't stop it from being a fricking mess in my eyes. I don't understand how people can use a computer with a desktop like that, never mind do any work. It would drive me nuts.

Still doesn't stop it from being a fricking mess in my eyes. I don't understand how people can use a computer with a desktop like that, never mind do any work. It would drive me nuts.

:p I just stopped bothering to Display Desktop Icons, because I realized two things:

A) I use my Desktop folder a temp location to store files, and it gets really big

B) I never see my desktop because 99% of the time my web browser or another app is in the foreground.

:p I just stopped bothering to Display Desktop Icons, because I realized two things:

A) I use my Desktop folder a temp location to store files, and it gets really big

I have that kind of thing in my work computer, but at least I put one folder on the desktop called "Temp" and put all the mess inside :)

That's mine for the month:

post-284588-0-29310500-1304642137.jpg

note: re-sized down from 1080p to meet the posting rules.

As LiquidSolstice said, I don't usually see the desktop often. When there's no application hiding it, I can hide it with Fences. Anyway, the only mess I see there is the middle fence (Files) which every once in a while I put in a folder, and start filling it up again. The other fences are essential to me; all the shortcuts to programs and games are there. I don't have to click more than 3 clicks to open a program that way.

Lovely Tron wallpaper, the chick on the right I know as Summer Glau, but who's that on the left?

EDIT

After some research I found her name to be "Yvonne Strahovski", never heard of her - but I'm definitely looking into her ;-)

Ever heard of Chuck?

http://nbc.com/chuck

And those not familiar with Chuck might still recognize her from Mass Effect 2, where she lent her appearance to, and did the voice acting for, the character Miranda. (Speaking of which, there's a Mass Effect Steam sale today)

1643638-yvonne_strahovski_miranda_lawson_mass_effect_2_super.jpg

Been messing around more with my desktop and customizing, still a huge work in progress.

Been messing around more with my desktop and customizing, still a huge work in progress.

how did you put all the office stuff in the task bar like that? :blink: