Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Makers of Four Loko

WASHINGTON - The family of a Centreville honor student killed in an accident says the alcoholic drink Four Loko is to blame.

15-year-old Bo Rupp had been drinking Four Loko before he wandered into the middle of Pleasant Valley Road in Centreville.

Rupp was hit by a car and died.

On Thursday, the Rupps filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the makers of Four Loko. The suit claims Phusion Projects was aware of the dangers of their product.

?I believe that if my Bobo had celebrated with more conventional drinks, he would have passed out and ended up with a bad hangover. Those are temporary effects. The Four Loko effect is eternal,? said Karla Rupp, Bo?s mother.

The lawsuit was filed in a Cook County, Ill. court where the Chicago company is based.

source

(I haven't even seen this drink before, but wtf, how is it the companies fault if someone uses their product wrong?)

The mother even says "I believe that if my Bobo had celebrated with more conventional drinks" = he chose to drink it, so the consequences are his fault.

"The suit claims Phusion Projects was aware of the dangers of their product." - So? That's like saying the misuse of a gun is the fault of it's maker... Sure it can be dangerous, but it's not the fault of the maker of the product.

Yay for using your son's death to get rich and avoid responsibility for your awful parenting.

+1

Also if it was alcoholic why was a minor drinking it and how did he get it?

Sounds like this product should be banned simply because of the mixture of Caffeine & Alcohol:

Four MaXed has been criticised for the potential danger in mixing caffeine and alcohol. When alcohol and caffeine are combined, drinkers have reported a reduction of the sensations typically associated with alcohol; this is believed to be a result of caffeine counteracting the depressive effects and keeping the individual more alert. However, when the caffeine wears off the person feels the full effects of the alcohol. This can lead to excess consumption of alcohol because the delayed feeling of drunkenness leads an individual to seek additional alcohol to obtain the same sensations as those found in previous encounters.

A University of Florida study found that students who mixed caffeine and alcohol thought they were capable of drinking more total alcohol than those who drank non-caffeinated alcoholic drinks.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_%28energy_drink%29#Health_risks