Casey's Attorney To Jury: Caylee Drowned

Her attorney makes me sick. OK I can accept the "she drowned" story, what I cannot accept is the fact that she buried her daughter on the ground. If she drowned like he claims, why didn't she call an ambulance and the police? He is full of shi.....

VIDEO:

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28007433/video.html

Her attorney makes me sick. OK I can accept the "she drowned" story, what I cannot accept is the fact that she buried her daughter on the ground. If she drowned like he claims, why didn't she call an ambulance and the police? He is full of shi.....

VIDEO:

LIVE Stream of Trial right now as its happening:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/

Just to give a little perspective--and I'm sure I'll get crap for this--one of the fundamental pieces of our justice system is that one is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and a lawyer has both a legal and ethical obligations to be a zealous defender of his client.

Personally, I'm not a defense attorney so I don't have to deal with this, but I was taught in law school that lawyers have an ethical obligation to defend their client to the best of their ability. However, they can't cross the line and lie for their client. So, many defense attorneys refuse to ask their client "Did you do it?" partially because its pointless (the client will just lie if he actually did it) and because the lawyer doesn't want to lie in front of a judge or jury.

So, I'm assuming Casey told her attorney "This is what happened..." and her attorney is doing his best to represent his client.

Clients come up with stupid defenses all the time as, as long as a lawyer isn't breaking a law or ethical rule, he is required to present it to the jury/judge because a lawyer is just an extension of his client. Ultimately, the client always has the final say.

For example: I recently has a friend, who was also a client, who want to buy a particular company. I told him not to do it because the company's owner was rather shady and I felt that he was hiding stuff from us. My friend wanted to buy the company anyways. So, I voiced my opinion, but ultimately I helped him buy the company.

Turns out the guy was cooking the books. A lawyer can only give advice, the ultimately decision on big picture strategy is always the client. Even if I think it's a dumb move or bad strategy, it's the client's life and its his money and I am just an extension of his will. As long as I don't break any laws or rules, I am ethically obligated to either help him or request he find new counsel.

I understand what you are saying, DukeEsquire. It's just a job. I know I couldn't be a lawyer because I could not represent a client that I believed was guilty. I am glad that some people can put aside their personal agendas. I have needed them and may need them again.

VIDEO:

Are you really getting your panties in a bunch over a defense lawyer doing his job?

I don't think I have it in me to be a defense lawyer. If my clients won (and I knew they were guilty) I think it would just kill me.

But as Duke said, it's their job, and someone has to do it. I think you've gotta be pretty strong to take a job like that.

The point of the matter here is.. his job is to defend against the prosecutions case. Going into some wild fantasy story that has nothing to do with what the prosecution is saying happened is irrelevant. If this is the card the defense is going with, I'd be upset as a client of theirs...

Well, glad to see I'm getting less crap than I expect! :)

Our justice system is based on everyone being innocent until proven guilty. There have been enough false confessions or tainted evidence that everyone should deserve a fair shake.

The defense attorney isn't just defending Casey, he is defending every single one of us and our Constitutional rights. What do you think would happen if--even if just in this case--the police didn't have to prove their case and we just all presumed Casey was guilty. Maybe that doesn't matter in this case, but what about the next case? We need to make sure that our justice system isn't chipped away case by case.

The defense attorney's job is to make sure the government does its job.

We can't simply presume someone is guilty just because the crime is awful.

I always say, what if you were the person that was accused of some awful crime and everyone thought you were guilty before you even got a chance in court to prove your innocence? I bet you'd be glad you had a defense lawyer that took you at your word and did his best to defend you.

Are you really getting your panties in a bunch over a defense lawyer doing his job?

First of all, I don't wear panties.

Second...Casey Anthony is not paying her lawyer and his associates a single dime. There is more to his "kind help" than you think. Not even OJ Simpson got this much exposure. The only difference between OJ and this bitch is that he paid his lawyers, she on the other hand is getting her defense for free.

First of all, I don't wear panties.

Second...Casey Anthony is not paying her lawyer and his associates a single dime. There is more to his "kind help" than you think. Not even OJ Simpson got this much exposure. The only difference between OJ and this bitch is that he paid his lawyers, she on the other hand is getting her defense for free.

First off its a figure of speech, meaning your getting worked up over the job of her lawyer. Second its irrelevant if her lawyer gets paid or not by her or whomever. Its his job to defend her, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks or believe what happened. You clearly dont have a clue how the judicial system works. Do you even know that free representation is given to anyone facing charges like this if you cant pay for it? Many law firms even take on cases like this for free, called pro bono, because they get publicity from it. Lastly you're foolish if you think OJ got less attention, its also a moot point to this thread.

First off its a figure of speech, meaning your getting worked up over the job of her lawyer. Second its irrelevant if her lawyer gets paid or not by her or whomever. Its his job to defend her, regardless of what you or anyone else thinks or believe what happened. You clearly dont have a clue how the judicial system works. Do you even know that free representation is given to anyone facing charges like this if you cant pay for it? Many law firms even take on cases like this for free, called pro bono, because they get publicity from it. Lastly you're foolish if you think OJ got less attention, its also a moot point to this thread.

You sound like you are on her side.

You sound like you are on her side.

Im not on her side but you sound like someone who doesnt understand how the justice system works. :rolleyes:

He's not taking a side. He's arguing that in order to ensure that the truly innocent get a fair trial, you have to afford the same liberty to those that are almost assuredly guilty.

If a lawyer is in fact doing this pro bono, that is some seriously snaky **** though.

I wonder how you'd feel if you were wrongly accused of murder, and didn't have any money for your own defense lawyer, thus requiring a state-provided one... would you still be ok with the "well, he's not paying me so I don't really have to try" attitude?

Hm...

Im not on her side but you sound like someone who doesnt understand how the justice system works. :rolleyes:

I know how the justice system works. What I don't understand is how is it that with ALL the clear evidence in their hands that clearly shows she killed that little girl and buried her; they keep on with this charade. Do you know who "Zanny The Nanny" is?

Zanny The Nanny is the name she gave the Zanax pills she was giving that little girl to knock her out so she could go party. There is NO so-called Nanny. There never was. She made the nanny story up because she will not admit in court that she gave that child Zanax to knock her out. Her computer had Google Searches on how to make Chloroform, how to knock someone out without pain, etc, etc, etc.

She is guilty as sin and Baez knows it, her parents know it, her boyfriends know it, her brother knows it, The judge sure as hell knows it and that Jury knows it, and if they don't, they will soon. She killed that little girl and she will burn in hell for it.

If she "drowned in a pool" like her lawyer Baez said, why didn't she call an ambulance? Why didn't she call 911? Why did she take that little girl to the woods, put tape in her mouth and bury her with a teddy bear instead of taking her to a hospital?

it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

You're still missing the point. What should the lawyer do then? Throw his hands up into the air, and go "FINE, I ADMIT IT, MY CLIENT IS GUILTY!"

You obviously don't understand the job of a lawyer.

You're still missing the point. What should the lawyer do then? Throw his hands up into the air, and go "FINE, I ADMIT IT, MY CLIENT IS GUILTY!"

You obviously don't understand the job of a lawyer.

I know what his job is damn it. His job is to DEFEND HER IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE, EVEN IF IT MEANS LYING.

I am not dumb. I know, but the point is: SHE DID IT.

If it was me or you, do you think we would have gotten this far? We would be sitting in death row right now.

I know how the justice system works. What I don't understand is how is it that with ALL the clear evidence in their hands that clearly shows she killed that little girl and buried her; they keep on with this charade. Do you know who "Zanny The Nanny" is?

Zanny The Nanny is the name she gave the Zanax pills she was giving that little girl to knock her out so she could go party. There is NO so-called Nanny. There never was. She made the nanny story up because she will not admit in court that she gave that child Zanax to knock her out. Her computer had Google Searches on how to make Chloroform, how to knock someone out without pain, etc, etc, etc.

She is guilty as sin and Baez knows it, her parents know it, her boyfriends know it, her brother knows it, The judge sure as hell knows it and that Jury knows it, and if they don't, they will soon. She killed that little girl and she will burn in hell for it.

If she "drowned in a pool" like her lawyer Baez said, why didn't she call an ambulance? Why didn't she call 911? Why did she take that little girl to the woods, put tape in her mouth and bury her with a teddy bear instead of taking her to a hospital?

It also doesnt take a genius to know that regardless of what the judge, jury, parents, you, me or even her own lawyer thinks, the defense lawyer has a job to do, thats defend her anyway he can. That is a fact that you are going to have to wrap your head around. Also again him getting paid is 100% moot to this subject.

I know what his job is damn it. His job is to DEFEND HER IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE, EVEN IF IT MEANS LYING.

I am not dumb. I know, but the point is: SHE DID IT.

If it was me or you, do you think we would have gotten this far? We would be sitting in death row right now.

Again you are showing your ignorance, cases like this happen every single day, the ONLY difference is that this particular case got media attention while a 100 other cases didnt. You still miss the point, the way our justice system works is "Innocent UNTIL proven guilty". You have way to much interest vested in this case.

It also doesnt take a genius to know that regardless of what the judge, jury, parents, you, me or even her own lawyer thinks, the defense lawyer has a job to do, thats defend her anyway he can. That is a fact that you are going to have to wrap your head around. Also again him getting paid is 100% moot to this subject.

Again you are showing your ignorance, cases like this happen every single day, the ONLY difference is that this particular case got media attention while a 100 other cases didnt. You still miss the point, the way our justice system works is "Innocent UNTIL proven guilty". You have way to much interest vested in this case.

You are definitely on her side. I don't care what the law says, she did it. She is guilty and she knows it and she WILL go down and pay for what she did. You know what, I honestly hope that she doesn't get the death penalty. That's too easy. IF she is guilty, I hope she gets life in prison so that every day that passes by she can remember what she did to that little girl.

If it was you or me, we'd probably have spent the past few years rotting in jail, just like she has, waiting for trial.

When she is convicted, and sentenced to death, it will be at least another 5 to 10 years before she actually is executed, and it might even be longer.

You are definitely on her side. I don't care what the law says, she did it. She is guilty and she knows it and she WILL go down and pay for what she did. You know what, I honestly hope that she doesn't get the death penalty. That's too easy. IF she is guilty, I hope she gets life in prison so that every day that passes by she can remember what she did to that little girl.

Why are you having trouble understanding the fact that NONE of us are arguing whether or not she did it? We are saying that she has a right to a fair trial, like anybody else. It isn't your place to go "she's DEFINITELY guilty, screw this trial and send her off already".

How do you know all that is true? She gets an opportunity to tell her side of the story. Her experts get a chance to examine the evidence and question the police.

Well, that's your problem. The justice system is about law; not personal opinion.

If it was you or me, we'd probably have spent the past few years rotting in jail, just like she has, waiting for trial.

When she is convicted, and sentenced to death, it will be at least another 5 to 10 years before she actually is executed, and it might even be longer.

Why are you having trouble understanding the fact that NONE of us are arguing whether or not she did it? We are saying that she has a right to a fair trial, like anybody else. It isn't your place to go "she's DEFINITELY guilty, screw this trial and send her off already".

The reason I am so upset about this is because I have seen MANY people like her murder their children and get away with it. It makes me sick to my stomach.

The level of ignorance and stupidity you are showing it mind boggling. You clearly dont have a full understanding of the laws of the land or even respect for it. Grow up already.

The reason I am so upset about this is because I have seen MANY people like her murder their children and get away with it. It makes me sick to my stomach.

And there is nothing wrong with that, it makes majority of people sick. With that said, that is in no reason to bypass the laws because you cant stand the thought that she could get off or not get the sentence that YOU FEEL that she should get.