Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 3.10:
- Browser viewer: Show footnotes in a popup window. Similar to the popup footnote functionality in the calibre viewer.
- Content server: Add an option to control the timeout for making AJAX queries to the server (closes tickets: 1722016)
- Fix regression that broke Preferences->Conversion->Common options in version 3.9
- Server: Fix adding expressions to the search always using AND instead of respecting the setting to use OR or AND (closes tickets: 1724405)
- Browser viewer: Fix a regression that caused loading more than one book in the same session or using the back/forward browser buttons to require refreshing the browser.
- Jobs list: Fix killing of job killing the wrong job if other jobs are completed while waiting for kill confirmation.
- DOCX Output: Fix preserve cover aspect ratio option still distorting the aspect ratio slightly (closes tickets: 1721864)
Improved news sources
- Go Comics
- Various Polish news sources
Download: Calibre 3.10 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~60.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 3.10 for MacOS | 75.4 MB
Download: Calibre 3.10 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware