Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
New features in Calibre 3.13:
- Driver for the new Bq Cervantes 4
- Edit book: Auto-generate links to existing stylesheets when adding a new HTML file.
- Add a button to easily clear server logs in Preferences->Sharing over the net->Show server logs.
- Catalog generation: Store the list of fields to be used in generating CSV/XML catalogs per library.
- Bulk metadata edit: Make the custom series controls similar to the builtin series ones, with the same set of features
- Edit book: Pre-select existing cover image (if any) in add cover dialog
- Make the Manage saved searches dialog a little easier for new users.
- Add a tweak to control behavior of Enter on the book list
- Content server: Fix random book button on book details page multiplying.
- Edit Book: Bulk file rename dialog: Remember last used prefix for renaming files
- Tag browser: Fix use of the tweak to control order of items in the Tag browser causing unexpected expansion of items after editing metadata.
- Content server: Improve rendering of tags/categories with long words on small screens.
- Fix first added saved search not appearing in Tag browser until calibre restart.
- When checking added books for duplicates, also check on the language field. So books with the same title/authors but different languages are not considered duplicates.
- Edit Book: Spell check should not fail if there are non-HTML files in the spine
- Conversion: Fix an error when using the embed_all_fonts option with certain books
- Save to disk: Dont error out if the user deletes all formats to be saved.
- Linux binary: Fix calibre not starting on systems where QT_QPA_PLATFORM is set to use wayland
Improved news sources
- The Economist
- The Walrun Magazine
- China Daily
New news sources
- Various Russian news source by bugmen00t
Download: Calibre 3.13 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~60.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 3.13 for MacOS | 75.4 MB
Download: Calibre 3.13 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware