DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
About DaVinci Resolve 17.0
The free DaVinci Resolve 17 includes all of the same high quality processing as DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio and can handle unlimited resolution media files. However it does limit project mastering and output to Ultra HD resolutions or lower. DaVinci Resolve 17 only supports a single processing GPU on Windows and Linux and 2 GPUs on the latest Mac Pro.
If you need features such as support for multiple GPUs, 4K output, motion blur effects, temporal and spatial noise reduction, de-interlacing, HDR tools, camera tracker, multiple Resolve FX, 3D stereoscopic tools, remote rendering, an external database server and collaboration tools that let multiple users work on the same project at the same time, please upgrade to DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.0 requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) before performing an upgrade.
DaVinci Resolve 17.0 changelog:
- DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panel keycaps kit and new optimized menus.
- RCM2 with improved color tagging and smooth tone and gamut mapping.
- HDR perceptually accurate primary grading tools with tonal range control.
- Color warper to qualify and change hue vs saturation and luma vs chroma.
- Magic mask using the DaVinci neural engine generates tracking masks.
- Redesigned primary interface to show all controls concurrently.
- Grading tools are colorspace aware in color managed timelines.
- Support for user selectable colorspace and gamma for HDR grading tools.
- Support for timeline clips to bypass color management.
- Support for sat vs lum mode in the curve tool.
- Support for generating a 17-point cube 3D LUT.
- Support for LUTs designed for video range.
- Support for saving smart filters to be shown in all projects.
- Support for smart filters for marker keywords added to timeline clips.
- Support for diagonal, venetian blinds and checkerboard reference wipes.
- Support to set input colorspace, gamma and IDT on preconform timelines.
- Support for a pop-out floating window for the curves panel.
- Support for fast review from the playback menu on the color page.
- Support for a 3x3 grid view and multiple GPU scopes of the same type.
- Support for a floating video scopes window in dual screen layouts.
- Improved scaling and style options for waveforms and vectorscopes.
- Support for processing the timeline node graph in nested timelines.
- Improved handling of alpha channel scaling in ACES and RCM workflows.
- Support for loading IDTs and ODTs as a DCTL file or ACES RRT.
- Support for non-parametric DCTL IDT and ODT formats.
- Support for defining LUTs inside a DCTL file.
- Support for multiple simultaneous client connections in remote grading.
- Support for advanced and mini panels networking for remote grading.
- Support for a split screen playhead viewing mode.
- Support for improved split screen layouts.
- Support for converting in-out ranges to duration markers.
- Improved behavior when drawing bezier power windows using a mouse.
- Option for a more serial node numbering for the node graph.
- Support for dragging stills to the viewer or node graph to apply grade.
- Copying grades and nodes in the Color page is now focus-based.
- Option to use a Rec.2020 matrix for 4:2:2 video monitoring. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware