Microsoft recently announced a host of new products including the Lumia 950, Lumia 950XL, Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book. However, during the flurry of announcements, the exact processor models in the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book were noticeably missing, perhaps making it a difficult decision for those looking to make a purchase.
Microsoft has now detailed the particular processors in each model.
Surface Pro 4:
- 6th Generation Intel Core m3-6Y30 CPU with Intel HD graphics 515
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6300U CPU with Intel HD graphics 520
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6650U CPU with Intel Iris graphics 540
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6300U with Intel HD graphics 520
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6600U with Intel HD graphics 520
Before continuing it is important to note that all the aforementioned processors are in fact dual-core and not quad-core processors. Another component of information that went missing was information in regards to the GPU used for the Surface Book. While we don't have the exact details, Microsoft has elaborated that it is in fact a custom NVIDIA GeForce GPU based on Maxwell architecture featuring 1GB GDDR5 memory.