HP launched the Elite x3 in the United States in September, priced at $799 including the Desk Dock accessory. The Dock supports Windows 10 Mobile's Continuum feature, allowing owners to use a mouse and keyboard with the handset when connected to a larger display, offering a PC-style user experience.
Now, the company has slashed the cost of that bundle by 25%, offering its flagship-class phone with the Desk Dock for $599, $200 below its usual price.
The Elite x3's key specs include:
- 5.96-inch AMOLED with Quad HD (2560x1440px) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, and anti-reflective coating
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support)
- 16MP rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC support
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Optional dual-SIM support
- USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- Iris scanner
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP67 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- MIL-STD-810G rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- Pogo pins
- Qi wireless charging
- 4150mAh battery
- 161.8 x 83.5 x 7.8mm; 194g
That offer will remain available until December 3, as will another deal currently available for those with larger budgets.
Last week, Microsoft launched the HP Elite x3 Holiday Bundle, including the phone and Desk Dock, a notebook-style Lap Dock, and a case and screen protector for the handset. Purchased separately, those items would add up to over $1,460, but Microsoft is now offering the whole bundle for $999.