Austrian video game publisher THQ Nordic has assigned a release date for its upcoming remastered version of the 2012 RPG title Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Titled Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, the reboot will be landing on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 8, 2020 - a month after the August 11 release reported by a Microsoft Store leak last month.
THQ Nordic has also announced a new expansion pack for the rebooted video game called 'Fatesworn'. The added content for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has been appointed a wide launch window of 2021. Not much information has been revealed about the expansion pack as of yet, however, it can be expected that more details will be disclosed at a later point in the future.
The official blurb for the remastered open-world RPG reads:
The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with extended content, stunning visuals, and refined gameplay, KoA delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.
- Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Enjoy countless sidequests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magics and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission.
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Improved graphical fidelity including Native 4K support!
Apart from the Standard Edition, the fantasy role-playing game will also have a Fate Edition, which includes the base game as well as Fatesworn once it comes out, and a Collector's Edition. It includes a copy of the game and its soundtrack, a custom Amalur keychain, an Alyn Shir figurine and five pieces of artwork all packed inside a special Collector's Edition box.
As for the price, customers can expect to spend $39.99 for the Standard Edition, $54.99 for the Fate Edition and $109.99 for the Collector's Edition. Pre-orders for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning kicked off today and can be placed through the game's official website or through other video game retailers such as Amazon and Steam.