Last month, at the IFA 2016 industry expo, Lenovo unveiled the Yoga Book, a 10.1-inch notebook that aims to offer all the simplicity and convenience of a 'real' pen and paper notebook.
It features a touchscreen display, along with a separate touch-sensitive surface on which users can write and draw with an included stylus, or on which they can type on an illuminated keyboard that offers haptic feedback to simulate real keys. The stylus - dubbed the 'Real Pen' - even works with real ink, so that you can write on paper as well as on the device itself.
Now, Lenovo has opened pre-orders for the Yoga Book in the UK. The device is offered in Gunmetal Grey or Champagne Gold colour options with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, priced at £429.99.
A Windows 10 version is also available for £509.99, but will only be available with a more sombre Carbon Black colour scheme.
While both versions can be pre-ordered now, the Windows 10 version will be released first, with deliveries promised around 11 business days from now. Those wanting the Android models face a longer wait, with shipments expected "in 4 weeks".
The Yoga Book's key specs include:
- 10.1-inch IPS LCD with 1920x1200px resolution, featuring Capacitive Touch and AnyPen Technology
- Create Pad with Capacitive Touch and EMR Pen Technology
- Quad-core Intel Atom x5-Z8550 processor (up to 2.4GHz)
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 64GB storage, plus microSD card support up to 128GB
- 8MP rear camera with auto-focus
- 2MP front camera with fixed focus
- Dual-channel Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Dolby Audio Premium sound
- Haptic feedback
- G-Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Hall Sensor
- 8500mAh battery (manufacturer claims up to 13 hours of 'general usage')
- 256.6 x 170.8 x 9.6mm; 690g
The device comes with the Real Pen stylus, ink refills and Book Pad & Paper. A carry case/sleeve, which isn't included with the device, can also be purchased separately for £34.99.