In July last year, LG introduced for the first time its Q lineup of mid-range smartphones beginning with the LG Q6, which is equipped with some rather premium features borrowed from the LG G6. The South Korean electronics company seems to be carrying on with that strategy this year by launching the LG Q7 series with a number of flagship features.
The LG Q7 retains the 5.5-inch FHD+ FullVision display with an 18:9 aspect ratio from the G6, and packs other high-end features such as Hi-Fi quality audio and a fingerprint sensor mounted on the back.
Here's the complete list of the LG Q7 series' specs and features:
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 442ppi)
– Q7+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q7: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q7α: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q7+ : Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP (Super Wide Angle 5MP only)
– Q7 : Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP (Super Wide Angle 5MP only)
– Q7α : Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 5MP (Super Wide Angle)Battery: 3,000mAh- Q7+ : Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP (Super Wide Angle 5MP only)
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0
– Q7+: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
– Q7: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
– Q7α: Moroccan Blue
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Other: QLens / Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+) / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Google Assistant / Face Recognition / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / Portrait Mode / Flash Jump Cut / Music Flash / Timer Helper / FM Radio
The LG Q7 also includes a 2.5D Arc Glass design with rounded-edges, helping with one handed use of the device. Plus, the unit ships with Qualcomm’s Fast Charge technology meant to juice up the battery to 50 percent in about half an hour.
Price and availability details remain unknown at the moment, but the LG Q7 range is expected to be on the more affordable end of the spectrum when it hits store shelves.