The next feature update for the Xbox One family of gaming consoles, version 1804, isn't even out yet, but Microsoft has already announced that the next feature update will be 1805. The first preview build, 1805.180409-1920, will be available for the Alpha ring tonight.
The company said that it has "a host of great new features" that it will announce in the coming weeks, but for now, there are only some fixes and known issues in this build. Here's what's been fixed:
- Stability and performance fixes for Microsoft Edge, specifically when multiple tabs or videos are open.
Here are the known issues:
- Some users may experience intermittent loss of Audio with certain configurations of AV receivers with ATMOS or with changing audio configurations during console use.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- Sometimes users may encounter an incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
The 1805 version number indicates that this will be finalized in May, and monthly feature updates are nothing new for the Xbox One. The builds will continue to come from the Redstone 4 branch, as Redstone 5 will be something along the lines of 1809.
That means that the cumulative update section of the build number will change, rather than the major part. In other words, if you're keeping track of what the RTM build will be for the Windows 10 spring feature update, you'll want to keep an eye on tonight's Xbox One build, which will arrive at 6pm PT.
Earlier today, it was reported that build 17133 is no longer going to be the RTM build for Windows 10 version 1803 or Xbox One version 1804. Being that 1805 is a successor to these feature updates, tonight's Alpha ring build should be the answer to our questions. If 17133 is indeed still the RTM build, tonight's Xbox One build will be 17133.xxxx, but if it's not, it will be 17134 or higher.