Microsoft has started rolling out the next update for its Android launcher to consumers. Bumping the version number up to 18.104.22.168810, the update includes customization improvements and functional enhancements:
- Let meeting attendees know you're running late from the calendar card.
- Employees whose enterprises leverage Microsoft Intune's data protection policies can now use the Microsoft Launcher for viewing corporate data.
- Adjust icon size in the app drawer, dock and home screen.
- Set wallpapers for home and lock screen (7.0+)
- Add blank pages in vertical mode;
- Recurring reminders;
- Oreo shortcuts creation;
There is also a new 'Trending on Bing' section when accessing the search interface. This is basically a miniature news feed showing currently popular news topics that direct the user to a Bing search.
Although suitable for everyone, Microsoft Launcher is a great option for those looking to stick with Microsoft's ecosystem on Android, especially now that Microsoft's own mobile endeavors appear to be abandoned.
Expect the update to land on your device soon, otherwise, you can download the app from the Google Play Store.