The latest Nvidia driver update is all about games, delivering optimal support for a number of upcoming releases. The WHQL-certified 466.27 Game Ready release is what green team members are recommended to get if they are planning to pick up Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, or Resident Evil Village.
The new Metro Exodus version is made exclusively for running on ray-tracing capable graphics cards. When it launches on May 6, the single-player shooter will feature both enhanced ray-traced effects over the original release and Nvidia's DLSS 2.0 technology.
Moving over from games, Nvidia has validated five more displays as G-Sync compatible. The latest additions are AOC 24G2W1G8 and AG274US4R6B, ASUS XG349C, Philips 279M1RV, and Samsung LC27G50A.
Regarding crypto mining, Nvidia is also implementing the rumored hash limiter with this driver for the RTX 3060 12GB and other products releasing after mid-May. DirectX 12 Agility SDK support is included in the latest driver as well.
Here are the bug fixes of this driver:
- [NVIDIA Reflex][Rainbow Six Siege]: Fixed a number of performance related issues related to NVIDIA Reflex and Rainbow Six Siege.
- [HDMI 2.1:] In-game FPS may be capped to the display refresh rate when "Vertical sync" is set to Off .
- [Rigid Gems][Prepar3D]: The applications may crash or fail to launch.[3285067/3286874]
And here are the known issues:
- Yellow bang with Error Code 10 appears by the NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework Properties in Device Manager after Express or Custom driver installation without reboot.
- Reboot the system to clear the error, otherwise Dynamic Boost cannot be enabled.
- [Mortal Shell]: Unusual increase in the brightness occurs when Shadow Quality is set to Low or Medium. 
- To work around, set the Shadow Quality to High or Ultra.
- [Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game may crash on GeForce GTX 10 series GPUs. 
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
The 466.27 Game Ready driver is available for download via the links below and the GeForce Experience app. Here are the release notes.