PDF24 PDF Creator installs a virtual printer driver that allows you to convert any printable document or image into PDF format. You can also import documents from your scanner, combine multiple documents into one and delete selected pages from existing PDF files. The program supports creation of secure, digitally signed documents, PDF quality settings, integrated preview, emailing, and more.
You can either drag'n drop documents onto the GUI or convert them from any other program by using the virtual printer driver - simply select the PDF24 printer instead of your regular paper printer.
Advantages of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Once installed, create PDF files forever
- Free upgrades included
- Conversion is simple and possible from all current programs
- Create PDF files from almost any application
- Easy to use
Several features of PDF24 PDF Creator:
- Merge and split PDF
- Extract pages from a PDF
- Copy pages from one PDF to another PDF
- Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
- Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
- Set PDF information such as author and title
PDF24 Creator 10.0.8 changelog:
- Toolbox saves last window placement - The toolbox now saves the last used window size and position on the screen. This way, the user can better adapt the application to the hardware he is using. Especially with large screens, some users do not want a maximized display.
- Tray icon Open action improved - The tray icon can be used to open the PDF24 via the icon context menu or via a double-click. This behavior has been improved. If the toolbox is activated, then the toolbox is opened. If the Toolbox is not activated, then the older launcher is opened instead.
- Some brush types disabled for tools in the toolbox - For the Edit, Blacken and Annotate tools in the Toolbox, we have disabled some brush types because they do not run correctly in the offline version. Here we need to see how to switch these brush types so that they also work in the offline version.
- Importing signatures into the signing tool improved - Signatures that are available as images can be imported into the tool. With large images there were problems with the display, so it was difficult to import them. Here we have improved so that this is now easier.
- More functions can be deactivated in the toolbox - More instructions have been added in the Toolbox to disable some tools there. This can be done via the Windows Registry. The registry entries have the following form: feature.toolbox.[blacken | ...] = [0 | 1] (DWORD). For example, if you want to disable the blacken tool, then set feature.toolbox.blacken = 0.
Problem with updater fixed - The updater did not evaluate an instruction correctly, which caused problems with the detection of updates. This problem has been fixed in this version.
Reader cannot overwrite currently opened file - In Reader we have built in a protection so that the currently opened file cannot be overwritten. If you wanted to do this in older versions, then there were problems with saving and the newly saved file was empty.
Filter options in the toolbox have made disabled tools visible - In the toolbox, there are several filters that the user can use to display tools. One of the filters is the one for recently used tools. Furthermore, there is the possibility to deactivate certain functions throughout the program, e.g. if they should not be available in a company. However, the use of the filters caused that these deactivated functions were made visible. This problem is now fixed.
Language files updated
The following tools are included in the new PDF Toolbox of PDF24 Creator 10:
- Merge PDF
- Compress PDF
- Edit PDF
- Convert files to pdf
- Convert PDF files to other formats
- PDF to Text
- PDF to HTML
- PDF to JPG
- PDF to PNG
- PDF to PDF, PDF/A-1, PDF/A-2, PDF/A-3
- PDF to Word
- PDF to PowerPoint
- PDF to Excel
- Protect PDF
- Unlock PDF
- Split PDF
- Rotate PDF pages
- Delete PDF pages
- Extract PDF pages
- Sort PDF pages
- Create a PDF from images
- Convert a PDF to images
- Extract images from PDFs
- Create online application as PDF
- Optimize PDF for the Web
- Insert watermark into a PDF
- Insert page numbers into a PDF
- Overlay PDF files
- Compare PDF files
- Sign PDF files
- Annotate PDF files
- Blacken PDF files
- Crop PDF
- Flatten PDF
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware