PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 8.4.0 release notes:
- PeaZip 8.4.0 is the first release providing experimental native packages for Darwin / macOS platform, built for aarch64 M1 Apple Silicon SoC, and Intel x86_64.
- This release brings fixes, improvements in management of temporary files, option to stop test batches only if errors are detected, and new language selection control.
- A new alternative benchmark is available, based on integer and floating point arithmetic, testing single core and multi core performances.
- PeaZip now comes with updated backends: Pea 1.05, and 7z 21.06, which is now employed on all platform.
- On Linux, 7z backend replaces p7zip, which is still fully supported as alternative.
- New peazip-x.y.z.pack package is meant to help developers to create packages of PeaZip for various package management systems (e.g. DEB, RPM), containing packages' directories from last build.
- It does not replaces or duplicates the function of sources package peazip-x.y.z.src, as it is simply meant to help packaging the application for a specific distribution system, rather than compiling and building the binaries of the application.
Full list of changes and fixes is available at https://peazip.github.io/changelog.html
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware