Shareaza is a peer-to-peer client for Windows that allows you to download any file-type found on several popular P2P networks. Shareaza's interface is easy to use, fully skinnable. Shareaza's download core was built to provide optimum performance from any number of sources. Shareaza can manage your download queue automatically, or you can take charge and modify the status of files or even individual physical transfers and sources. Shareaza is FREE & contains NO Spyware or third-party products.
Shareaza includes the following features:
- The ability to download the same file simultaneously from multiple networks.
- Scheduler, which allows users to schedule tasks on Shareaza for a later period.
- Media Player - unlike some peer-to-peer software's media players, Shareaza's completely bypasses corruption and merges file chunks into one, creating a previewable video from virtually any amount of downloaded segments. This does not include sound in MPEGs however.
- Complete unicode support, as well as numerous translations.
- The ability to 'skin' the interface, allowing users to change its appearance and more...
Shareaza can connect to four different P2P networks:
- G2: Also known as Gnutella2. The most advanced P2P protocol available on the market.
- gnutella: The open protocol from which Gnutella2 has evolved.
- eDonkey2000: The best network when it comes to large files. Slowly dieing out.
- BitTorrent: BT is used to distribute large files with the help of centralised trackers. Even though BitTorrent is named in this list, it is not a P2P network in the original sense of the term, as it doesn't form a network, but centrally organized swarms for each file that is distributed over BT.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware