Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Tor Browser 8.5.5 release notes:
- Update Firefox to 60.9.0esr
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.13
- Bug 31520: Remove monthly giving banner from Tor Browser
- Bug 31140: Do not enable IonMonkey on AARCH64
- Translations update
- Update NoScript to 11.0.3
- Bug 26847: NoScript pops up a full-site window for XSS warning
- Bug 31287: NoScript leaks browser locale
- Bug 31357: Retire Tom's default obfs4 bridge
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Tor to 0.4.1.5
- Bug 31547: Back out patch for Mozilla's bug 1574980
- Bug 27503: Provide full support for accessibility tools
- Bug 30575: Don't allow enterprise policies in Tor Browser
- Bug 31141: Fix typo in font.system.whitelist
- Bug 28119: Tor Browser for aarch64
Build System - All platforms
- Bug 31465: Bump Go to 1.12.9
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware