InXile Entertainment today announced the first expansion heading to its latest RPG Wasteland 3. Titled The Battle of Steeltown, the DLC will send the Rangers to investigate the factory complex that manufactures all of the technology seen in Colorado, which has suddenly dried up its exports. See the teaser trailer above.
Visiting this new location - in solo or co-op -, players will find new quests that decide Steeltown's fate, scaled gear, and fresh tactical combat elements, which include stacking status effects, elemental shields, telegraphed attacks, and non-lethal weapons.
The new additions will also carry over to the base game as well. Here is the expansion's feature list provided by InXile:
- Traverse the Steeltown manufacturing complex alone or in co-op in this epic narrative expansion. Take on challenging new quests, face off against new robotic enemies, and solve the mystery at the heart of Steeltown however you see fit.
- Tactical combat is taken to new heights with new mechanics like devastating telegraphed attacks, stacking status effects, elemental shields, and non-lethal weapons—letting you solve Steeltown’s skirmishes in brand new ways.
- Combat and gear scaling means that both new and returning players can enter Steeltown during their playthroughs for a level-appropriate challenge, with a story and cast of characters that adapt to the decisions you’ve already made.
- The Battle of Steeltown expands the base game with new enemies, weapons, armor, and world map encounters.
- Music Supervisor Mary Ramos and Composer Mark Morgan return with original scores and new post-apocalyptic inspired covers.
The Xbox Game Studios developer has been delivering bug fixes and stability updates to Wasteland 3 since its launch last year, but this will be the first story-driven content to arrive. Moreover, fans of the series should know that the announcement's wording suggests more expansions are planned for the future.
Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown expansion is releasing across Steam, GOG, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 (available for next-gen consoles via backward compatibility) on June 3 with a $13.99 price tag. Xbox Game Pass subscribers - who already have access to the base game - will find a 10% discount waiting for them when purchasing the expansion as well.