Just a few days ago, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586.29 to Insiders, but it was limited to old devices. Today the company released an update to its Windows Device Recovery Tool for owners of the new Lumia 550, Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL, as well as the LG Lancet which raised the excitement of opening the door into the Windows Insider program.
In a recent Twitter conversation, Microsoft's Gabe Aul announced that owners of the new Lumia handsets as well as the LG Lancet will now be able to join the Windows 10 Insider Program, and joining the fast ring will allow users to download the newest build, although it might become available for you a bit later, depending on your region.
Build 10586.29 brings the following improvements:
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
Source: Gabe Aul