Xiaomi has announced the launch of the Redmi Note 9 smartphone in India. The company had earlier launched the Redmi Note 9 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max in the country but held back the junior-most sibling of the pack till now.
The Redmi Note is Xiaomi’s bestselling smartphone series, and the one that catapulted the company as the budget smartphone leader in India.
The Redmi Note 9 is the first smartphone in India to be powered by the new Helio G85 chipset by MediaTek - the company claims it to be a ‘gaming-focused high performance’ processor.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Specifications
- Operating System: MIUI 11; based on Android 10
- Display: 6.53-inch Full HD+ (1080 x 2340) | 19.5:9 aspect ratio | Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB | Expandable up to 512GB with a microSD card
- Front Camera: 13MP in-display camera
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera | 48MP primary sensor | 8MP 118-degrees ultra-wide | 2MP macro | Depth sensor
- Battery: 5,020mAh battery | 22.5W fast charger | 9W reverse charging
Redmi Note 9, like most Xiaomi smartphones, comes with P2i nano-coating that prevents the phone from accidental spills.
The Redmi Note 9 comes in three color variants - Aqua Green, Pebble Grey, and Arctic White – and is available at the price of ₹11,999 ($160) for the 4GB+64GB variant and ₹14,999 ($200) for the 6GB+128GB variant. The first sale goes live on July 24 at 12 PM, and the phone will be available on Amazon.in and mi.com, Xiaomi’s own online store as well as Mi Home stores.