Chasys Draw IES is a suite of applications including a layer-based image editor with animation, icon editing support and super-resolution via image stacking (Chasys Draw IES Artist), a multi-threaded image file converter (Chasys Draw IES Converter), a fast image viewer (Chasys Draw IES Viewer) and a RAW camera file processor (Chasys Draw IES raw-Photo). The whole suite is UAC aware and is designed to take advantage of multi-core processors, touch-screens and pen-input devices.
Chasys Draw IES Artist features:
- Super-fast internal graphics engine (JpDRAW2)
- Free-style layering with blending modes
- Composite, Animation and Multi-resolution image modes
- Full alpha channel through out the workflow
- Re-editable tools and fully re-editable text
- Alpha protection (a.k.a. transparency protection)
- Multi-core aware software architecture
- Vista UAC aware
- Multiple display setup aware
- Tablet/Pen/Stylus support with pressure control
- Shell integration with thumbnails
- Asynchronous auto-save engine
- Anti-aliasing and super-sampling support in tools and paths*
- Unlimited Undo/Redo - undo any action any time
- Just-in-time memory compression
- Best-in-class post-edit heuristics anti-aliasing engine
- Image Stacking for noise reduction, super-resolution, etc.
- Advanced printing and scanning engines
- Video capture from devices (e.g. TV/Video)
- Animation Composer engine
- Video Screen Capture
- In-built utilities (Calculator, Notepad)
- Metadata save, restore and scale to imitate vector art
- Extensive plug-in support
- Support for Photoshop Filter Plug-ins (.8BF)
- Suport for the native formats of Photoshop, GIMP and Paint.NET
- Support for older formats such as PPM/PGM/PBM, PCX, TGA, etc.
- Vista-style icon import and export
- Can output C++ code module for inline image generation
- Uses the latest CD5 specification with animation and multi-resolution
- Includes plug-ins for JPEG-2000, AVI video, animated cursors, JPEG, PNG, animated GIF, etc.
- Streamlined SDKs with no restrictions
- Physical measurement specification
- Pantone equivalent palettes for PMS 100 to 814-2x
- Full UNICODE support in all components
- Multiple language support with user-editable language files
- Configurable Guides and Grids with Snap-to-Grid
- Smart-resizing (similar to seam-carving)
- Smart-dither to custom palette
- Asynchronous preview rendering engine
- Automatic color naming
- ... and many more!
The following changes have been made to Chasys Draw IES with the latest release:
Resources and Extras
- On previous versions, the installer would fail to install extras and resources such as custom brushes and textures, which greatly affected usability. This has been resolved.
Improved Graphics Engine
- This release features an updated graphics engine that fixes long-standing issues relating to alpha-blending of translucent images against transparent backgrounds and rendering of some line end-caps.
CD5 v4.06, PSD, OpenEXR, ANI, NetPBM and PhotoCD
- OpenEXR file support has been added and a long-standing bug affecting the loading of some PSD files has been resolved. Quality improvements have also been made to ANI, NetPBM and PhotoCD file support. The CD5 codec has been upgraded and now offers up to 30% better compression for photographic images.
Tools, Transforms, Shell-out and PDF Import
- The Effects Brush has a new option and the Dynamics Brush has two new options. Transforms can now be configuured to be blocky when doing pixel-art, and the shell-out feature now supports embedded videos (sprite-sheets). We now have PDF Import in additon to PDF Export.
Converter, Viewer, Screen Capture, etc.
- Converter now has configurable CPU loading and will react appropriately to disk-full scenarios. The side-by-side comparison feature in Viewer now features adaptive panning to help with comparison of diffrently sized images, and the Screen Capture feature in Artist now allowed click-and-drag selection. We also have improved Bluetooth support, better handling of EXIF orientation, improved search functionality in the Plug-in Manager and several minor UI improvements.
Chasys Draw IES 5.25.01 changelog:
- Quality Rollup focusing on stability and reliability
- Improved language translation engine (LLTE 2.01)
- Improved TextArt performance (up to 2x faster)
- Improved Copy-Paste interoperability with other apps
- Improved DDS encoder output compatibility with other apps
- JNG (JPEG Network Graphics) file support (read only)
- MNG (Multiple-image Network Graphics) file support (read only)
- TG1 (COKE Texture Format) file support (read only)
- [bug fix] Random crashes when working with text
- [bug fix] Resize tool display issues
- [bug fix] Endless loop focus stacking aligned images
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware