MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML. Note: MediaInfo tries to install sponsored OpenCandy software during installation, make sure to cancel that before continuing.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
What's new in this version:
- BPG: basic support, thanks to Kurtnoise
- CAF: basic support of Apple Core Audio Format, sponsored by FlavorSys
- JPEG-2000: Display of profile (Rsiz)
- JPEG-2000: detection of XYZ colorspace (based on D-Cinema profile)
- FFV1 in MOV: more details (version...)
- MOV/MPEG-4: handling of clcn (little endian nclc) Color parameter type
- #P84, Matroska: Add TEXTST support to the MKV Parser, thanks to Kurtnoise
- #P85, MPEG-TS: Add TEXTST support to the MPEG-PSI Parser, thanks to Kurtnoise
- MediaInfoDLL interface: clean up, more debug features added
- MediaInfoDLL interface: Giant threads lock removed
- #F460, VC-3/DNxHD: detection of RGB 444 and other SMPTE ST 2019 (2014) new CIDs
- VC-3/DNxHD: version number (HVN)
- Clean aperture size is move from width/height to its own field
- HEVC: tier
- MXF: writing library and writing application fields are cleaned up
- ProRes: support of 4444 profiles
- CAP: detection of CAP files from Cheetah and Lambda
- B886, XML and HTML outputs were broken
- B902: EBU AspectRatio invalid in case of non classic numerator:denominator format
- #B758, VC-3/DNxHD: wrong color space and subsampling in case of unknown CID, now empty if format version is not known
- #B903, MXG: Incorrect timecode track used for AS-11 DPP MXF files
- #B904, MXF: Handling repetition of Header Metadata in MXF files
- MXF: AFD value was wrong (displaying the complete byte, but AFD is only 4 bits of this byte)
- DTS: some streams in Little endian were not detected
- MPEG-4: some files were having an incorrect frame count
- AVC: Some SCTE 128 caption streams were displayed twice
- BMP; accepting files with file size information set to -1
- RF64: samplesCount was not always right
- MOV: avoid wrong parsing in case of "colr" atom with "prof" color parameter type
- DCP/IMF: ID has now the AM/PKL CPL order in order in all cases (not only when there is more than one CPL)
- #B893, MXF: Crash with Panasonic P2 3.0 files
- DPX: time information was with native ":" character
- Images sequence: "Delay" field is filled from the number in the name of the first file
- FLV: some files were not having the right duration
- DPX: Cineon files were detected as DPX Version 1, version number was not corresponding to the real version
Note: MediaInfo includes 3rd party (optional) software, you should pay close attention to avoid installing unwanted products or just download the ''lite'' version without OpenCandy.
Download: MediaInfo 0.7.73| MediaInfo Lite 0.7.73 | 4.5 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable MediaInfo 0.7.73 32-bit | 2.6 MB
Download: Portable MediaInfo 0.7.73 64-bit | 3.9 MB
View: MediaInfo Homepage