MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 23.06 changelog:
- USAC/xHE-AAC conformance checker
- S-ADM: support of SMPTE ST 2127-1 / SMPTE ST 2109 / SMPTE ST 2127-10 (S-ADM in MGA in MXF)
- S-ADM: add S-ADM version and support of 1/1.001 frame rates
- ADM: show FFoA/Start/End as timestamp and timecode
- MPEG-7 output update with more extensions
- MPEG-TS: support of JPEG XS
- DTS-UHD: support of DTS-UHD (a.k.a. DTS-X P2) in MP4
- MP4: detection of VVC
- MP4: support of media characteristicd (spoken dialog, translation, easy to read...)
- MP4: support of more Blackmagic RAW Codec IDs
- MP4: support of ipcm CodecID
- MP4: support of service kind
- HEVC: support of SMPTE ST 2094-10
- HDR: display of all formats if more than 1 format is detected
- Matroska: support of SMPTE ST 12 in block additions
- HEVC: time code SEI readout
- AVC & HEVC: active format description readout
- MPEG-TS: support of SMPTE ST 2038 (ancillary data)
- ADM/Dolby: fix wrong FFoA with 1.001 frame rates
- MOV/MP4: more info with tracks having unknown type
- MOV/MP4: avoid to parse too much content with non stripped timecodes
- MOV/MP4: avoid incoherent behavior if 2 tracks have the same ID
- TTML: fix default frame rate
- TimeCode: 1/1.001 frame rate was not always detected
- MediaTrace: fix some random blank outputs
- URL: remove query part of the URL in the FileExtension field
- Referenced files: fix handling of URL encoded with UTF-8 content
- Matroska: fix crash in support of HDR10+
Download: MediaInfo 23.06 | 6.5 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable MediaInfo 23.06 (64-bit) | 5.3 MB
Download: Portable MediaInfo 23.06 (32-bit) | 3.8 MB
View: MediaInfo Homepage | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware