Paint.NET is an image and photo manipulation application. Every feature and user interface element was designed to be immediately intuitive and quickly learnable without assistance. In order to handle multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description. This makes navigation very simple and fast.
Usually only found on expensive or complicated professional software, layers form the basis for a rich image composition experience. You may think of them as a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form one image.
Many special effects are included for enhancing and perfecting your images. Everything from blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, and embossing are included. Also included is our unique 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
Adjustments are also included which help you tweak an image's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia-toned.
Changes in Paint.NET 4.0.10:
- New: The canvas may now be scrolled past the edge of the image
- New: When holding the spacebar, you may scroll using the keyboard arrow keys (in addition to click-and-drag panning). Holding Ctrl will scroll at 10x the rate.
- New: You can now hold Ctrl+Shift while clicking on the floating window icons in order to reset their location and docking. Ctrl+Shift along with the appropriate hotkey (F5, F6, F7, F8) also does the trick.
- Improved: The rate of auto-scrolling, which triggers when the mouse is at the canvas edge and a button is being held down, has been improved and is based on time instead of frames
- Improved: Fixed Size selection drawing now defaults to 400x300 pixels instead of 4x3 inches
- Improved: Tooltips for Custom Shapes now include their file system location
- Improved: Edit->Invert Selection should perform much faster when used with unmodified selections from the Magic Wand tool
- Improved: When running within VMWare, "Hardware accelerated rendering" is disabled by default (Microsoft's WARP is faster than VMWare's D3D emulation)
- Fixed: Erratic brush/pencil drawing when running within VMWare (this is caused by a bug in Win32's GetMouseMovePointEx API, and is not actually limited to VMWare)
- Fixed: Color Picker tool could crash if used at the bottom of the image, as reported athttps://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/109248-paintnet-crashes-when-color-picker-off-screen-update/
- Fixed: There was a glitch in the Gradient tool's rendering when dx was equal to dy, as reported athttps://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/107380-gradient-bugs-in-direction-and-length/
- Fixed: The Layers window would sometimes auto-scroll the active layer to the bottom when performing certain operations, as reported at https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32527-layers-auto-scrolling-when-adding-or-duplicating/
- Fixed some mouse cursor glitches when using panning using the spacebar
- Fixed many glitches and a few crashes in the image size dialogs (File->New, Image->Resize, Image->Canvas Size)
- Fixed a problem with inconsinstently skipped input when using the arrow keys to move tool handles, as reported at https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/108932-selected-area-moving-with-direction-keys-bug/
- Fixed: Custom Shapes did not always have the correct bounding box, and would have weird behavior as a result
- Fixed: Line/Curve handles were unusable for up to 500ms after adjusting properties in the toolbar
- Fixed some crashes and soft hangs in the Save Configuration dialog
- Fixed a blemish at the top of the main window when Windows is set to 200% DPI
- Fixed: There were some precision bugs with IndirectUI sliders that would cause them to get "stuck" at certain values (mostly affects effect plugins)
- Improved: IndirectUI's Angle Chooser control now supports the DecimalPlaces property (for plugins)
- Improved: IndirectUI's Slider controls now support all-negative ranges (e.g. [-200, -20])
Download: Paint.NET 4.0.10 | 6.7 MB (Freeware)
View: Paint.NET Website
0 Comments - Add comment