PotPlayer is an extremely light-weight multimedia player for Windows. It feels like the KMPlayer, but is in active development. Supports almost every available video formats out there. PotPlayer contains internal codecs and there is no need to install codecs manually. Other key features include WebCam/Analog/Digital TV devices support, gapless video playback, DXVA, live broadcasting.
Distinctive features of the player is a high quality playback, support for all modern video and audio formats and a built DXVA video codecs. A wide range of subtitles are supported and you are also able to capture audio, video, and screenshots. A comprehensive video and audio player, that also supports TV channels, subtitles and skins. It's been described on the Internet as The KMPlayer redux, and it pretty much is.
Daum PotPlayer 1.6.58402 changelog:
- Fixed a security problem (remediation of reading CUE vulnerability)
- Added the ability to select external VP8/9 codecs
- Added the ability to play WEBM streaming media
- Fixed an issue that can't play MP3 stream
- Fixed an issue that the program has stopped working in FTP open dialog box
- Removed flash support from skin logo
- Fixed an issue that S/PDIF did not work with certain codecs