Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Sandboxie is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32- and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It is being developed by David Xanatos since it became open source, before that it was developed by Sophos (which acquired it from Invincea, which acquired it earlier from the original author Ronen Tzur). It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie is available in two flavors Plus and Classic. Both have the same core components, this means they have the same level of security and compatibility. What's different is the user interface the Plus build has a modern Qt based UI which supports all new features that have been added since the project went open source. The Classic build has the old no longer developed MFC based UI, hence it lacks support for modern features, these features can however still be used when manually configured in the Sandboxie.ini.
Sandboxie Plus 1.4.2 / Classic 5.59.2 changelog:
- added tooltips to resource access modes #2300
- added UI option to control ApplyElevateCreateProcessFix #2302
- added message 2226 issued when a process may need 'ApplyElevateCreateProcessFix=y'
- Moved Restrictions tab from the new Security page back to the General page
- fixed wrong button captions in the breakout process page
- fixed issue with saving box recovery options
- fixed the display problem of Sandman #2306 (thanks okrc)
- fixed theme not auto changing #2307
- fixed issue with saving sandman window state on windows shutdown
- fixed miscellaneous minor issues #2301
- fixed issue with MSEdge introduced in 106.x #2325
- fixed vivaldi hooking issue, UseVivaldiWorkaround is no longer needed #1783
- fixed issues with misc advanced options page #2315
Download: Sandboxie Plus (64-bit) | Sandboxie Plus (32-bit) ~16.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Sandboxie Classic (64-bit) | Sandboxie Classic (32-bit) ~3.0 MB
View: Sandboxie Website | Sandboxie Plus Home Page | GitHub | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware