Supposed pictures of new sub-$500 iMac: The iHome?

Lmao, I never know what to think when I see these. It goes one of 2 ways:

Man, that looks quality! Cue Apple revealing nothing like it and you look like an idiot

Man, that's such a fake! Cue Apple revealing the iHome media centre and you look like an idiot

:rofl:

Still, if it's real, it doesn't look too bad. I imagine I'll be snapping one up to sit on my desk and have a play with. Still, "Centre"...

I already know it's fake: "Media Centre". Apple, a US-based company, would never use british spelling on one of their products. Steve Jobs wouldn't allow it.

Fun to dream though...

Wait a sec, doesn't that look like the same set of pictures that had the fake Cinema Displays? It's the same background as before...

Hell yeah the price is right so I may just use one to power the media fr my new flat, thats if it indeed is as stated and Im able to get a hold of one

That looks like the same elevator or room that the fake pictures of the iMac G5 were shot in last year, and why would Apple use the British spelling of "Centre"? I'm calling this one a fake.

they def would not put the british spelling of center, so this has already lost credibility

that and... ihome juts doesnt... it doesn't have that certina je ne sais quoi (sp?) that apple names have, you know? it's too generic

Looks pretty real actually. Nice apple packaging and all. Dont know if they would put Centre instead of Center though?

585251809[/snapback]

That could be the packaging for Canada..... :yes:

Timdorr strikes again, you might be right. It looks familiar, got any pics of the fake screens?

585251816[/snapback]

I'm trying to find them. I swear they were on macrumors.com, but I can't find 'em...

True Steven, but, if this was going to be what Apple would show at their show thingy, I doubt it'd be in Canadian packaging. Might be wrong, but I'm gunning on fake for this one.

I say it's fake. The images make the unit itself look like a cardboard box, the right-front corner looks like it is pushed in a little, and the ports, etc. could just be images. Same with the packaging... plus, Apple wouldn't spell it "Centre", it's an American company, it would be "Center", just like Microsoft's Media CENTER software. Also, there seems to be NO VGA port, and if this is a computer without an included monitor, it would have to have one, and it would definately be on the back with the rest of the ports.

I could, maybe, possibly be wrong, but I don't think I am. It basically just looks like a slightly thinner, white XBOX. If this device is real, I think they could have done a better with the design.

it's not the same elevator, the fake imac shot had a black rubber floor in the elevator, this one is carpeted

is it just me, or in the shot where you can see the ports on the back, does it look like the middle of the case os made of corrugated cardboard?

Looks plausible (darn good for a fake if it is one) but I got stuck on the spelling of "Centre" as well ... it's the first thing I noticed.

Also, as someone already made an excellent point of, it doesn't have any VGA or DVI ports. That could be a huge mistake.