Supposed pictures of new sub-$500 iMac: The iHome?

I already know it's fake: "Media Centre". Apple, a US-based company, would never use british spelling on one of their products. Steve Jobs wouldn't allow it.

Fun to dream though...

585251796[/snapback]

second that

I already know it's fake: "Media Centre". Apple, a US-based company, would never use british spelling on one of their products. Steve Jobs wouldn't allow it.

585251796[/snapback]

good eye! i'm used to centre as i'm in canada

Fun to dream though...

585251796[/snapback]

like most companies, they'll cater to a foreign market. packaging isn't that hard to have print in different runs in different languages. do you think the ones they sell in china have nothing but american english on them?

my canadian-bought powerbook and ipod boxes came in english (with british spelling) and french.

this one's probably meant for the uk or other english markets that have adopted british spelling like bermuda or jamaica.

also, some companies like to use british spelling in the american market to appear more sophisticated, for example, many repertory 'theatres'.

DING DONG.... where in the hell do we PLUG THE POWER CORD? :huh: unless this is a low power EMBEDDED SYSTEM, it SHOULDN'T have a ADAPTER PLUG....

It's FAKE

Edited by Coolme

DING DONG.... where in the hell do we PLUG THE POWER CORD? :huh:  unless this is an low power EMBEDDED SYSTEM, it SHOULDN'T have a ADAPTER PLUG....

It's FAKE

585252249[/snapback]

Isnt that it at the back on the left :huh:

It's a fake, you only have to look at this pic here. As someone else previously mentioned the cardboard in the bottom right is curling and mishaped.

post-5416-1105137470.jpg

it's really neat how you can print out completely flat ports on paper and still have them work. what else will apple think of?

but seriously, the cardboard box with the strip of paper with aluminum ports glued on it is supposed to be the device? when i first looked at these pics i thought that smaller box was supposed to be another box holding the device...

That looks like the same elevator or room that the fake pictures of the iMac G5 were shot in last year, and why would Apple use the British spelling of "Centre"?  I'm calling this one a fake.

585251814[/snapback]

Also if you notice its missing a D-Sub/DVI Port lol

In this picture, Clicky, you can clearly see that the top logo is on a piece of paper glued to the top. You can clearly see the edge of the paper.

Also, the box lacks the apple logo. There is only one on the picture of the product on the box.. not good enough.

Also, from where the handle on the box is, you'd be carrying the box UPSIDE DOWN!

The iHome logo on the box is way too big for apple. And the name iHome is full of rubbish. Apple always comes up with a clever name.

Product is clearly cardboard cut-out; and the iHome logo wouldn't be on the face of the product - only the apple logo.