Supposed pictures of new sub-$500 iMac: The iHome?

Yeah the Centre thing is a bit weird, and I can't imagine they would using the same term as Microsoft (Windows XP Media Center Edition). And wasn't it supposed to look like a white Xserve? Something that looks weird too: The location of the Combo drive -> If you want it to sit up the Apple and iHome logo will be upside-down.

The only thing I always wonder about this fake screens is, why are they always in lifts or kinda halls/corridors? :s lol thats what always makes me think they are fake. Also, why don't they ever plug the unit in? :p Fake :ninja:

I'd like to take a look at the video but I don't know how to open it.  What kind of compression is that?

585251906[/snapback]

media player classic played it fine. :)

it does look awfully light now that i've watched the video. :laugh:

edit: also, if you look closely. it looks like it's just papers taped onto a box or something. :huh:

edit2: now that i look closely at the "ihome", it too looks like a cardboard box. :D

Edited by kainashi

Thanks for the help. Yeah, after watching the video it looks even more fake. It's nice that the iHome reflects light just like glossy cardboard does.

I bet that this was someones marketing or design project in school. A dormmate of mine did something similiar for his.

It looks too light. Look at the bit where he 'lets go' of the box. If that was an actual PC, it would fall as it looked like the majority of the unit was not balanced.

The video even proves its fake. How could he easily move the thing with just one hand at the edge? Thats way too light to have a pc in there.

585251900[/snapback]

Have you picked up a PowerBook lately?

Have you picked up a PowerBook lately?

585252013[/snapback]

My friend has a 12" Powerbook, and its fairly light, but not as light as the video is suggesting.

perhaps the best question is who would leave a) apples new super secret consumer device sitting out in a hallway/elevator like that, and b) who in gods name would leave all that mac stuff just sitting around, I count two imacs, two g5s, and what appears to be a scanner in addition to that fake iHome, that's almost $10,000 worth of hardware