Supposed pictures of new sub-$500 iMac: The iHome?

On a computer, you need this plug...

585252314[/snapback]

No you don't. Laptops don't use "that plug". They use a proprietary design. All that is needed is a cable capable of carrying the voltage, and a plug that "fits". As long as it passes Underwriters standards, it's fine.

Really people, just looks at the images carefully, you will notice is made of carton box. If you do not see it, then go straight to your eye doctor, for some glasses

Whatch closely

Photo-0010.jpg

*cough* fake *cough*

I hope the video is fake,

because an iMac-style computer with a smaller size seems more Apple-ish. :yes:

Also as previously stated - "Centre" is not the American spelling for "Center." :-)

No you don't. Laptops don't use "that plug". They use a proprietary design. All that is needed is a cable capable of carrying the voltage, and a plug that "fits". As long as it passes Underwriters standards, it's fine.

585252626[/snapback]

Laptops ? The headless iMac is a desktop just for clarification. Although your point is partly correct because the headless iMac is rumored to use an external power brick.

Also, there seems to be NO VGA port, and if this is a computer without an included monitor, it would have to have one, and it would definately be on the back with the rest of the ports.

585251838[/snapback]

There is one, it's a mini-VGA connection like on an iBook (on the far right, next to the audio out jack). In fact, other than having two FireWire ports, it's exactly the same ports as an iBook (same order and everything).

Looks plausible (darn good for a fake if it is one) but I got stuck on the spelling of "Centre" as well ... it's the first thing I noticed.

Also, as someone already made an excellent point of, it doesn't have any VGA or DVI ports.  That could be a huge mistake.

585251850[/snapback]

I agree that it looks fake, but it does have a VGA port, it's a mini-VGA like on an iBook, look at the far right port next to the audio out.

My friend has a 12" Powerbook, and its fairly light, but not as light as the video is suggesting.

585252045[/snapback]

A PowerBook has a screen too, which is about half of the weight of the laptop. Take the screen off and the thing would be super light (I know my iBook is).

I don't know, I'll tell you now, it's fake. However, I'm questioning the validity of this being from Apple. You know, creating a fake product, then releasing the real one, would throw people for a loop.

It'd never be a "media centre" either

Dude no need to triple reply. Theres a multiquote function for a reason.

585253371[/snapback]

Whatever. The posts I was replying to were on three different pages, so it's a little annoying to put all that into one reply. Besides, I was replying to posts as I went along.

I don't know, I'll tell you now, it's fake. However, I'm questioning the validity of this being from Apple. You know, creating a fake product, then releasing the real one, would throw people for a loop.

It'd never be a "media centre" either

585253392[/snapback]

How could you be so sure?

How could you be so sure?

585253413[/snapback]

The thing goes against all of Apple's beautiful designs for one. Secondly, as far as I know, this isn't 'meant to be a Personal Media Center.

quite easily really, u just get pics of the iBook and use it for the ports in the back, edit them with another firewire port and print it out large enough to look real on the back of a cardboard box. Do the same for the rest of the features, and as for the box it came in, it looks like an hp box modded with the apple stuff. the hp printer boxes have the exact same format with the pictures like that on the side and on the top. also as mentioned on another set of forums, the font is different, the dot above the I should be rounded not square as well as the corners of the h. I thought it was real at first but i think its quite obvious now that its a pretty good fake.

Who has the time to duplicate that.. if he did then he's got too much time on his hands. I just can't see how you could do all that in photoshop.. :(

585253845[/snapback]

I was just thinking the same exact thing.

If this is indeed a fake, which I am also saying that it is, I must say it is a pretty damn good job and whomever did it did have to much free time on their hands.

I really do have to agree with everyone else though and say the whole spelling of centre is a pretty much a dead give away it is fake.

Only time will tell.

Also. looking at the video again, although I am sure this thing would be pretty damn light in weight, it does appear as if when the person lifts it up it looks like it is light as a feather, i.e. cardboard, so I do think it is a very well mocked up "box."

perhaps the best question is who would leave a) apples new super secret consumer device sitting out in a hallway/elevator like that, and b) who in gods name would leave all that mac stuff just sitting around, I count two imacs, two g5s, and what appears to be a scanner in addition to that fake iHome, that's almost $10,000 worth of hardware

585252046[/snapback]

Or $10 of empty boxes :p.