Supposed pictures of new sub-$500 iMac: The iHome?

Below the apple, there's a line where there shouldn't be one... looks like... paper.

The corner of the device looks like paper-on-cardboard also.

post-81468-1105171474.jpg

I'm done.

That is a piece of tape, covering the box.

post-81468-1105171411.jpg

ROFL^ Done Deal.

EDIT: And notice in the video how he lifts up the iHome.....like it's cardboard.

At first I thought it was real, but after looking at the inconsistencies pointed out by various members, I would have to agree that it?s fake.

To be honest, I like that design, I think it fits in well with Apple?s ?i? range.

I also think that by calling it a ?Media Centre?, Apple are targeting the people who want a cheap media PC, while at the same time it is effectively separating this new iMac from the ?complete? systems on offer. Obviously since the new PC will be slower, and less consistent in design (due to BYO monitor, etc) Apple would be wise to keep a degree of separation between this product, and it?s mainstream range.

Regarding the spelling of ?Centre? I see nothing wrong with it. If Apple were to release this as a ?Media Center? I would hope that they would respect the diversity of the English language and rename it either ?Center? or ?Centre? according to the region that the system is being sold in. I see plenty of places that have signs saying ?Authorised Apple Centre? spelt exactly like that on display.

I definitely agree that it is a fake, but I wouldn?t mind seeing a system similar to this.

EDIT: Although I like the design I don't like the name "iHome", sounds too Engrish.

Edited by Jelly2003

perhaps the best question is who would leave a) apples new super secret consumer device sitting out in a hallway/elevator like that, and b) who in gods name would leave all that mac stuff just sitting around, I count two imacs, two g5s, and what appears to be a scanner in addition to that fake iHome, that's almost $10,000 worth of hardware

585252046[/snapback]

It's a LaCie Mobile Hard Drive, Design by F.A. Porsche, not a scanner :)

If apple really does come out with a sub 500$ machine, that would be a good reason for me to at least try something other than windows. I have always just been nervouse about buying something expensive that I don't know how to use!