Your Title Explained

What is the story behind your title?

The purpose of this thread is to find the meaning of each other's title names.

You can choose this format, if you like,

FMH: it is my name's initials.

Intrinsica - It started as a gamer name, and just carried on throughout the Internet. There is no meaning to it, I don't even know how I came up with it. Probably some interest with the word "intrinsic" followed by adding an "a" to the end to make it seem more name-worthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpus

Scorpus was a famous charioteer in Roman times who lived at the end of the 1st century AD. Scorpus rode for the Green faction during his lifetime and accumulated 2,048 victories. As one of the most famous drivers in Roman history, Scorpus earned extraordinarily large amounts of money ( :) ); his income surpassing that of professional Roman sponsors. Unfortunately, Scorpus is also known for dying young, at 27 years of age. ( :( )
  • Like 1

When I first signed up for dial-up in the mid 90's I had to choose an account name. Monkey Island was on my desk so I chose monkey. Apparently 12 other people has already done that so I got monkey13.

Used it ever since. For a while people thought it was to do with 12 Monkeys but it is just that I'm too lazy to change it and I've never thought up a good replacement.

Got my nickname from my dad. While in the Navy he took up boxing. Used to get pounded pretty regularly but always bounced back up like a "cork" He wound up a gold glove boxer though.

The name stuck with him the rest of his life. My dad was a Sr. and I'm the Jr. so thusly I acquired the nickname, which is cool because I don't really like my real name.

The 1958 is simply the year I was born.

Mephistopheles (also Mephistophilus, Mephistophilis, Mephostopheles, Mephisto, Mephastophilis and variants) is a demon featured in German folklore. He originally appeared in literature as the demon in the Faust legend, and he has since appeared in other works as a stock character version of the Devil.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephistopheles

Mr Spoon - The husband of the Spoon family who live on Button Moon.

ButtonMoon_HQ_0001.jpg

Seen here next to the spaceship:

Button2.jpg

Mephistopheles

And is also a ct out of the musical... Cats!

• Like 3

Spikey part because I used to have really spikey hair, and richie part as my name is Richard. It has stuck since 1999 when I set up my first Yahoo! Mail account in the "cyber cafe" at the millennium dome in London. I was looking for a username, and my g/f at the time was suggesting spike or spikey names and I ended up settling for spikey_richie.

used the initials from an old job, Mexican P0rn Star, and added 69 cause it always makes me giggle. :woot:

I jest, I used to sport a moustache and my so called friends thought I looked like something from a p0rn movie. :shifty:

Random name I cam up with when I got hacked on an mmorpg I played and had to make up a new name, at the time CaPs LoOkEd CoOl LiKe ThIs and FiReY just seemed to fit, and have used it since, probably a good 8 or 9 years now.

Just a tag i used when i first came on line decades ago and it just stuck couldnt be bothered with new ones all the timew and most people on irc knew me by this

My Title was originally used due to one of my all time favorite songs of the same name

Song info on WikiPedia

After a while I took it in a different direction as I went through Higher level physics and discovered the particle. Now as a closet physicist I am intrigued by the particle.