Your Title Explained

+LogicalApex

Mine is this cool name I thought up while hanging out with a few buds and kicking it... OK I'll admit the name isn't cool and I wasn't hanging out when it was thought up... It is my actual name so no glamorous story about how it came about :(

• Like 1
+warwagon

Back in 2001 when I was working at an internet help desk, I thought I should give all of the computers in my apartment names, but how should I name them? So I thought, "Let's use John Wayne Movies.". I pulled up a list of movies and picked

The Warwagon (Shortened to just warwagon, it was the name of my desktop system)

Dakota (other computer in the house)

Tycoon (server)

I no longer call my computers those names but because my main system was called warwagon" I started using that as a user name.

So that is the answer that was the mystery about how warwagon got his name!

• Like 1
Coi

Many years ago I saw someone named Hoi in a multiplayer game (hoi means hello in dutch) so I decided to change my nickname (which then started with a C) to Coi, but I often use C?i as well.

I avoid using C?i too much in forums and other databases, because ? is a pretty exceptional character and could be misunderstood by many systems (it either dissappears, changes to some other random character or just isn't allowed)..

Despite the difference with my avatar, I still decided to change my Neowin Display Name to C?i, simply because I can ;)

Knife Party

kaboose - as in caboose from RvB series

-Alex-

Mine's an alias I use online.... I used to have a domain where I could create anyemailaddress@mydomain.com... so I made up the name Alex Jones and the email address alexjones@mydomain.com for signing up for a load of pr0n sites a while ago... then it kinda stuck :p

PNWDweller

Mine is more or less what people are referred to in my city where I live. So, Medford = medfordite. Nothing too spectacular. :)

I suppose I could have used my old dial up name on GEnie (old online service from GE that was Dialup), or Compuserve, but can't really use my old GEnie one because I use that name as part of a password rarely, and for Compuserve...well...forgot it. :)

Ruffneckting

Ruffneckting was a Jungle / Drum & Bass label back in the 90's.

L-9024-1095784421.jpg

Xerax

Xerax - I was banned from a halo modding forum (HaloMods) when i was 12, and I wanted to make another account to ask why I was banned. I was in the computer room and next to me was a Xerox printer, the name Xerox was taken so i changed the o to an a (first letter of my first name), and that wasn't taken.

He's Dead Jim

My nick here is a late music promoter

Charisma

To be Honest this one I'm not too sure about...

Really, you've forgotten? I'm pretty sure Azusa was the leader of the Reptile race and one of the bigger bosses in Chrono Trigger. :D (Y)

Edit: NM, I stand corrected, just checked my game. The boss was Azala. So never mind, I have no idea. /me runs back to my corner and stops trying to be cool

• Like 1
Azusa

Really, you've forgotten? I'm pretty sure Azusa was the leader of the Reptile race and one of the bigger bosses in Chrono Trigger. :D (Y)

Edit: NM, I stand corrected, just checked my game. The boss was Azala. So never mind, I have no idea. /me runs back to my corner and stops trying to be cool

Yeah i was about to say i've never played chrono trigger.

Hum

I have a title ? :huh:

Hum is simply short for Hummer.

I was so mentally challenged in 1996.

ybrett23

needed a screen name back in the day of yahoo messenger and chat rooms, y(yahoo)brett(name)23(age at the time) it stuck and now i use the name for loads , lol

n_K

n_K: north_Korea, or something right?

The_Decimator

MASTER260: When I joined the NSider1 Forums, I wanted to be, "POKEMONMASTER." It was taken though, so I chose one of the suggested names, POKEMONMASTER260. Years later, when I joined the JoeJoe Forums, I decided to delete the, "POKEMON," part, & have used the result ever since.

DirtyLarry

I have used the nickname Dirty Larry since around 8th grade, which is *cough* 1988.

In around 7th-8th grade, It was actually given to me by a good friend of mine one day. I always really liked movies, and my house was the house all of my friends hung out at as I had really cool parents. The TV was always on in the background, and one day we were all hanging out at my parents house and the movie Magnum Force was on. For those that do not know, that is the movie that stars Clint Eastwood that introduced the character Dirty Harry.

Anyway my friend was commenting about how even though we looked nothing alike, he though I reminded him of this character as he was "always calm under pressure" and he had a unique way of carrying himself. He was known for being a man of few words, but when he spoke it was usually for a reason. My character traits have always been similar.

Actually here is an old signature where I put my face on the Dirty Harry character from one of the posters for the movies.

2010_DL_Signature.gif

Also at the time I was really into Hip Hop and also Graffiti, so it was my first "persona" when I got into Graffiti and (yes I am not kidding) rhyming.

A few years later, the name went on to be something completely different. By my senior year in high school, I had pretty much garnered a reputation for being a player with the ladies. So my friends would refer to me as "DirtyLarry" as I was a pretty big womanizer, especially because I had developed a reputation for totally screwing girls over once we hooked up. I always "did them dirty" so to speak. Hence, DirtyLarry had a new meaning.

I am not particularly proud of the second meaning whatsoever, but I was young and it is what it is.

So yeah, it has been my nickname and has had various levels of meaning since the late 1980's.

• Like 1
Muhammad Farrukh

This has to be the coolest post of the thread.

remixedcat

I love electronica type music and I love cats

so I'm REMIXEDCAT!!!!

also you can say i remix everything.... life,forums,food,graphics,stores and restaurants,and soon to be music!

Back in 2001 when I was working at an internet help desk, I thought I should give all of the computers in my apartment names, but how should I name them? So I thought, "Let's use John Wayne Movies.". I pulled up a list of movies and picked

The Warwagon (Shortened to just warwagon, it was the name of my desktop system)

Dakota (other computer in the house)

Tycoon (server)

I no longer call my computers those names but because my main system was called warwagon" I started using that as a user name.

So that is the answer that was the mystery about how warwagon got his name!

what about the shagginwagon??? LOL

• Like 2
-Himanshu-

My name. Yeah, I know it's boring.

remixedcat

and nowhere is safe ^

+Heartripper

Seahorsepip: I've got a teddy seahorse called pip :laugh:

oh my god, i've always read your nick seahorseship

:o

• Like 1
robertobaggio2k

italian soccer player

Roberto Baggio - famous for missing the 1994 world cup final penalty shot against brazil

2k because of the whole 2k thing happening around the year 2000 lol

Muhammad Farrukh

Roberto Baggio was THE daddy of all players, at that time

Seahorsepip

oh my god, i've always read your nick seahorseship

:o

Wahahahahahahahhahahaha