Your Title Explained

Kreuger

Everyone always automatically assumes mine is based on Freddy Krueger but it isnt (which is why it's spelt wrong). I took it from the tv show Undergrads, the minor character who swears a lot because that's what I do and it's just stuck since. I use it for everything online.

Digitalfox

Fox from Firefox, and Digital, cause at that time when I thought about this nickname, a lot of news were about the transition from analog to digital

123456789A

Bankrupt corporation, accounting fraud. I do accounting.

• Like 2

bgjerlow

Mine is the first letter of my first name, and then my surname (minus special characters, had to used an o)

Mando

nickname ive had since I was a kid, a cross between a shortening of my surname (Manderson) and the source of Bobba Fetts armour (Mandolorian) Im still called by my nickname even now (approaching 40) hehe

HardyRexion

A play on words that some don't 'get' unless they read it out loud. I've had this online name now for over 10 years. It got banned from 2 sites for being offensive :huh: and on BOTH occasions the Mods who messaged me said they found it funny but they had had one complaint :/

In fact I met my wife because of it. She started talking to me because it made her giggle. Been married for for 7 years now all because of my name.

• Like 1

Stoffel

Stoffel- nickname

My real name is christophe, but my parents just called me stoffel and I've been using that ever since

+Gary7

It was a nickname I had in High School.

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

"insert something here " is going to Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Twiddle

Zappa859: My last name, and the numbers are the telephone area code of where I am originally from.

Charisma

My original username 'ammali' is based on my real name.. I changed it to 3 Charisma when I subscribed and got the + in front of the name, because I love RPG games, D&D, etc and it reminded me of the stats increase after a level up :D

Tom

I wanted to be really creative with my username..

It didn't happen.

• Like 4

PsyOpWarlord

PsyOpWarlord .. Was in the US Army doing Military Intelligence.

Brian Miller

My name.

cacoe

It's my name.

metal_dragen

metal_dragen - comes from way back in the day on IRC (mid 90s). I am into heavy metal music and fantasy/sci-fi so I tried to register metal_dragon with NickServ and it was taken, hence the 'e' in dragen. Been using it ever since, with and without the underscore, though most of my friends just call me metal on Vent and the like.

Denis W.

Self-explanatory. :)

My previous name had a bit of history behind it. I probably wrote about it somewhere in an older thread about this same topic.

Royalty

Well I love Lil Wayne and that's why. :)

Unique eh? :p

Grinch

Ninja Grinch: One of my friends always called me a Ninja because I was pretty quiet when coming around and they usually called me a Grinch because I always stole his kills on Halo. Just put those together. :D

devHead

Devhead.com was a website from years ago for web developers that i used to frequent when I was first learning HTML. It's been gone for many years, but I just loved the name "devhead" so I took it for myself.

Ci7

need i say more? :p

SirEvan

Mine is from the first technical support job I ever had. We used to deal with customers from overseas, and sometimes communication was hard. One customer in particular was responsible for my title. The conversation literally went like this:

Me: "Thank you for calling Beyond.com, this is Evan, how may I help you?"

Customer: "Evan?"

Me: "Yes Sir"

Customer: "Evan Sir?"

Me: "No, Evan...Sir"

Customer: "Evan Sir"

Me: "No Sir, Evan"

Customer: "Sir Evan Sir?"

Me: "No.... Evan"

Customer: "Evan?"

Me: "Yes Sir"

Customer: "Evan Sir"

This went on for about 30 more seconds...with the guy not able to understand that the "Sir" was out of respect, and not part of my name. Finally it ended like this:

Me: "No Sir, Just Evan..no sir after"

Customer; "Kevin?"

Me: "Yes...how may I help you?" <Tired of playing name games and wanting to get on with the call, I just agreed to whatever name he came up with>

Customer: "My name is Cassanova" <I had to put the customer on mute while I started laughing out loud>

Don't remember what country he was from but his English was really bad. I ended up getting my coworkers to listen in on the call, and "Evan Sir" became my name. I simply flipped them around to form "Sir Evan" for my title.

• Like 5

Astra.Xtreme

A car that I liked for some reason when I was younger:

60c68a22-s.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony will be revealing some of its upcoming games before E3 2018
      by Usama Jawad

Sony has recently churned out some good games for its PlayStation 4 console including God of War and Detroit: Become Human. However, it appears that the company has so much new in store for its E3 2018 conference that it has decided to reveal some of its upcoming games ahead of the show.

In a blog post, Sony has announced that it will be revealing the names of some of its upcoming PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR over the next few days. The detailed schedule is as follows:

Wednesday, June 6 at 8am Pacific: New PS4 Game With PS VR Support Thursday, June 7 at 8am Pacific: Release Date for an Upcoming Worldwide Studios Title Friday, June 8 at 8am Pacific: New PS4 Game Saturday, June 9 at 8am Pacific: New PS VR Game Sunday, June 10 at 8am Pacific: An Eagerly Anticipated Game Comes to PS VR While it's currently unknown what games Sony will be showing off before and during its E3 Showcase, we do know that the company is working with developers on The Last of Us Part II, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Days Gone, and Ghosts of Tsushima for the PlayStation 4. We'll likely learn more in the next few days leading up to Sony's E3 Showcase, which is scheduled to begin at Monday, June 11, 6pm PT.

• By Hum
      There has been a sharp increase in the number of cases involving certified used cars that have been previously wrecked or have other substantial problems, says the consumer attorney Daniel Blinn of the Connecticut-based Consumer Law Group.

Consumers pay a premium for certified used cars because those vehicles typically come with a manufacturer's warranty and are marketed as having been thoroughly checked to ensure the vehicle meets high manufacturer standards. For example, Toyota boasts of a certified pre-owned checklist that includes 160 items. "We check 160 points," the Toyota website says. "All to prove one point: Only the best get to be Toyota Certified Used Vehicles."

But they may not be the best after all, says Blinn, who points to evidence that some dealers don't conduct the detailed inspections.

Often dealers automatically certify late-model used cars, which means consumers get stuck paying hundreds of dollars extra for manufacturer warranties even if they don't want them. Consumer Reports is not a big fan of these warranties, believing instead that consumers should bank that extra money and instead buy reliable used vehicles that have been thoroughly checked by a mechanic.

When buying a used car, don't assume that certification means the vehicle hasn't been wrecked, flooded, or suffered other serious damage, or that it's even been properly inspected.

Inspect the front and back of the vehicle title. Verify that the mileage statement agrees with the vehicle's odometer and that the title isn't "branded" with "Salvage," "Junk," "Rebuilt," Flood," "Recovered theft," "Lemon law buyback," or similar terms that indicate the car or truck has a troubled past. Also verify that there is no unpaid loan. If the dealer won't let you see the title or doesn't have it, take a pass on that vehicle.

Expect the dealer to provide a free used-car history report from Carfax or AutoCheck, and then call the reporting service to verify the report hasn't been altered. Also conduct a free VINCheck vehicle-history search at the National Insurance Crime Bureau website. But keep in mind that vehicle history reports can miss a lot. Over the years, we've found many examples of wrecked vehicles that had clean reports. That can happen, for example, if a vehicle is self-insured, which often is the case for rental cars, or if the damaged car or truck isn't covered by collision insurance and an accident report isn't filed with police.

No matter how good that used car looks, have it checked out by a reliable mechanic, preferably one experienced in auto body work. Don't rely on your mechanic's offer to do a quick inspection free. A used vehicle must be checked thoroughly, a service for which you should expect to pay about $100. Ask the mechanic what the inspection will entail, and request a written report. If a dealer won't let you take the car to your mechanic, go elsewhere. It's a sign he's hiding something. Don't let a dealer persuade you to forgo the inspection because the vehicle is certified or covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

If you must make a deposit before obtaining an inspection, make sure the paperwork says it's refundable. And always use a credit card. That way, if there are any shenanigans, you can ask your card issuer to initiate a chargeback. If you pay by cash or check or by using a debit card, getting your money back can be a hassle even if you can prove that the dealer engaged in wrongdoing.

If you buy a used car?certified or not?and discover that it had previous accident damage or other serious problems that a dealer failed to disclose, contact a consumer attorney and your local or state consumer protection agency.

more
    • By Tjcrazy
      Hi Guys!
      As part of my Software Engineering degree, I have to do a "Dissertation Project" in my final year. This involves creating a creating a piece of software, and doing various academic research/write ups about it.
      I'm struggling to choose a good title/project for my dissertation. I'm very interested in web design - and it would probably be good to do a 'web-based' dissertation.
      I was thinking about doing something on "Responsive Web Design", but I'm worried that it might become outdated after a few years.
      I was also interested in creating a "Simple CMS Application" but not sure if this would be advanced enough.
      I would really value any ideas or feedback from you guys! Its such an important decision, and I'm sure you guys will know what's best.
      Tim
    • By slappyJmarsden
      I am having an odd problem with Hellobar.
      I have tested this in Opera, Safari and Firefox and they all display fine except for Internet Explorer...I am seeing this problem with both IE8 and IE9
      Here is the site: www.kleenkuip.com P.S. Make sure your speakers aren't cranked up, there is a spokesperson.
      If you notice the green HelloBar at the top there are images on the very right side and very left side. They are exposing the alt or title tags for the images and pushing the alt text below the graphic...it looks really ugly and messes up the look of the site.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
    • By D. S.
      We are 12 days away from the final UFC card of the year. Since it was announced, it has taken some blows due to injury and lost some of it's star power. Still, it's an overall solid card and should deliver. Card still isn't final with Jamie Varner vs Melvin Guillard being moved over from the TUF 16 Finale and nobody being able to explain how Erik Perez vs Byron Bloodworth is so high on the Preliminary order. I'll post the full card, with the correct bout order, as soon as it's available.