Your Title Explained

FMH

What is the story behind your title?

The purpose of this thread is to find the meaning of each other's title names.

You can choose this format, if you like,

FMH: it is my name's initials.

Daedroth

Daedroth: Character from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Nick H.

Intrinsica - It started as a gamer name, and just carried on throughout the Internet. There is no meaning to it, I don't even know how I came up with it. Probably some interest with the word "intrinsic" followed by adding an "a" to the end to make it seem more name-worthy.

Scorpus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpus

Scorpus was a famous charioteer in Roman times who lived at the end of the 1st century AD. Scorpus rode for the Green faction during his lifetime and accumulated 2,048 victories. As one of the most famous drivers in Roman history, Scorpus earned extraordinarily large amounts of money ( :) ); his income surpassing that of professional Roman sponsors. Unfortunately, Scorpus is also known for dying young, at 27 years of age. ( :( )
  • Like 1

BeerFan

osuwildlifer: I got my degree from Oklahoma State University, and i'm a huge fan of wildlife and anything related to it.

monkey13

When I first signed up for dial-up in the mid 90's I had to choose an account name. Monkey Island was on my desk so I chose monkey. Apparently 12 other people has already done that so I got monkey13.

Used it ever since. For a while people thought it was to do with 12 Monkeys but it is just that I'm too lazy to change it and I've never thought up a good replacement.

cork1958

Got my nickname from my dad. While in the Navy he took up boxing. Used to get pounded pretty regularly but always bounced back up like a "cork" He wound up a gold glove boxer though.

The name stuck with him the rest of his life. My dad was a Sr. and I'm the Jr. so thusly I acquired the nickname, which is cool because I don't really like my real name.

The 1958 is simply the year I was born.

Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip: I've got a teddy seahorse called pip :laugh:

• Like 3

+Frank B.

Mephistopheles (also Mephistophilus, Mephistophilis, Mephostopheles, Mephisto, Mephastophilis and variants) is a demon featured in German folklore. He originally appeared in literature as the demon in the Faust legend, and he has since appeared in other works as a stock character version of the Devil.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephistopheles

Xahid

Xahid its My Name !

iuerg87yerg879e0rg9erugjer

The Protagonist: the main character

Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh - My name

Sir Topham Hatt

Mr Spoon - The husband of the Spoon family who live on Button Moon.

ButtonMoon_HQ_0001.jpg

Seen here next to the spaceship:

Button2.jpg

Mephistopheles

And is also a ct out of the musical... Cats!

• Like 3

monkey13

We're off to Button Moon, we'll follow Mr. Spoon!

+spikey_richie

Spikey part because I used to have really spikey hair, and richie part as my name is Richard. It has stuck since 1999 when I set up my first Yahoo! Mail account in the "cyber cafe" at the millennium dome in London. I was looking for a username, and my g/f at the time was suggesting spike or spikey names and I ended up settling for spikey_richie.

mps69

used the initials from an old job, Mexican P0rn Star, and added 69 cause it always makes me giggle. :woot:

I jest, I used to sport a moustache and my so called friends thought I looked like something from a p0rn movie. :shifty:

firey

Random name I cam up with when I got hacked on an mmorpg I played and had to make up a new name, at the time CaPs LoOkEd CoOl LiKe ThIs and FiReY just seemed to fit, and have used it since, probably a good 8 or 9 years now.

Lingwo

Spelling robot from The Simpsons

Also i think it is some old PalmPilot software. I think it can also be spelt Linguo

"Lingwo Dead?" ... "Lingwo IS Dead".

Hardi

My name.

DKAngel

Just a tag i used when i first came on line decades ago and it just stuck couldnt be bothered with new ones all the timew and most people on irc knew me by this

Shaun N.

Shaun - My name

Geoffrey B.

My Title was originally used due to one of my all time favorite songs of the same name

Song info on WikiPedia

After a while I took it in a different direction as I went through Higher level physics and discovered the particle. Now as a closet physicist I am intrigued by the particle.

Ently

Apparently my name needs to have an explanation? :p

• Like 2

AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley - From the Gomez album Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline, which is a little too long for most internet forums/sites.

gomezabandoned-shopping-trolley-hotline.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....Trolley_Hotline

Dan~

Dan was taken so abit of the ol' ~ and job done

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony will be revealing some of its upcoming games before E3 2018
      by Usama Jawad

Sony has recently churned out some good games for its PlayStation 4 console including God of War and Detroit: Become Human. However, it appears that the company has so much new in store for its E3 2018 conference that it has decided to reveal some of its upcoming games ahead of the show.

In a blog post, Sony has announced that it will be revealing the names of some of its upcoming PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR over the next few days. The detailed schedule is as follows:

Wednesday, June 6 at 8am Pacific: New PS4 Game With PS VR Support Thursday, June 7 at 8am Pacific: Release Date for an Upcoming Worldwide Studios Title Friday, June 8 at 8am Pacific: New PS4 Game Saturday, June 9 at 8am Pacific: New PS VR Game Sunday, June 10 at 8am Pacific: An Eagerly Anticipated Game Comes to PS VR While it's currently unknown what games Sony will be showing off before and during its E3 Showcase, we do know that the company is working with developers on The Last of Us Part II, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Days Gone, and Ghosts of Tsushima for the PlayStation 4. We'll likely learn more in the next few days leading up to Sony's E3 Showcase, which is scheduled to begin at Monday, June 11, 6pm PT.

• By Hum
      There has been a sharp increase in the number of cases involving certified used cars that have been previously wrecked or have other substantial problems, says the consumer attorney Daniel Blinn of the Connecticut-based Consumer Law Group.

Consumers pay a premium for certified used cars because those vehicles typically come with a manufacturer's warranty and are marketed as having been thoroughly checked to ensure the vehicle meets high manufacturer standards. For example, Toyota boasts of a certified pre-owned checklist that includes 160 items. "We check 160 points," the Toyota website says. "All to prove one point: Only the best get to be Toyota Certified Used Vehicles."

But they may not be the best after all, says Blinn, who points to evidence that some dealers don't conduct the detailed inspections.

Often dealers automatically certify late-model used cars, which means consumers get stuck paying hundreds of dollars extra for manufacturer warranties even if they don't want them. Consumer Reports is not a big fan of these warranties, believing instead that consumers should bank that extra money and instead buy reliable used vehicles that have been thoroughly checked by a mechanic.

When buying a used car, don't assume that certification means the vehicle hasn't been wrecked, flooded, or suffered other serious damage, or that it's even been properly inspected.

Inspect the front and back of the vehicle title. Verify that the mileage statement agrees with the vehicle's odometer and that the title isn't "branded" with "Salvage," "Junk," "Rebuilt," Flood," "Recovered theft," "Lemon law buyback," or similar terms that indicate the car or truck has a troubled past. Also verify that there is no unpaid loan. If the dealer won't let you see the title or doesn't have it, take a pass on that vehicle.

Expect the dealer to provide a free used-car history report from Carfax or AutoCheck, and then call the reporting service to verify the report hasn't been altered. Also conduct a free VINCheck vehicle-history search at the National Insurance Crime Bureau website. But keep in mind that vehicle history reports can miss a lot. Over the years, we've found many examples of wrecked vehicles that had clean reports. That can happen, for example, if a vehicle is self-insured, which often is the case for rental cars, or if the damaged car or truck isn't covered by collision insurance and an accident report isn't filed with police.

No matter how good that used car looks, have it checked out by a reliable mechanic, preferably one experienced in auto body work. Don't rely on your mechanic's offer to do a quick inspection free. A used vehicle must be checked thoroughly, a service for which you should expect to pay about $100. Ask the mechanic what the inspection will entail, and request a written report. If a dealer won't let you take the car to your mechanic, go elsewhere. It's a sign he's hiding something. Don't let a dealer persuade you to forgo the inspection because the vehicle is certified or covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

If you must make a deposit before obtaining an inspection, make sure the paperwork says it's refundable. And always use a credit card. That way, if there are any shenanigans, you can ask your card issuer to initiate a chargeback. If you pay by cash or check or by using a debit card, getting your money back can be a hassle even if you can prove that the dealer engaged in wrongdoing.

If you buy a used car?certified or not?and discover that it had previous accident damage or other serious problems that a dealer failed to disclose, contact a consumer attorney and your local or state consumer protection agency.

more
    • By Tjcrazy
      Hi Guys!
      As part of my Software Engineering degree, I have to do a "Dissertation Project" in my final year. This involves creating a creating a piece of software, and doing various academic research/write ups about it.
      I'm struggling to choose a good title/project for my dissertation. I'm very interested in web design - and it would probably be good to do a 'web-based' dissertation.
      I was thinking about doing something on "Responsive Web Design", but I'm worried that it might become outdated after a few years.
      I was also interested in creating a "Simple CMS Application" but not sure if this would be advanced enough.
      I would really value any ideas or feedback from you guys! Its such an important decision, and I'm sure you guys will know what's best.
      Tim
    • By slappyJmarsden
      I am having an odd problem with Hellobar.
      I have tested this in Opera, Safari and Firefox and they all display fine except for Internet Explorer...I am seeing this problem with both IE8 and IE9
      Here is the site: www.kleenkuip.com P.S. Make sure your speakers aren't cranked up, there is a spokesperson.
      If you notice the green HelloBar at the top there are images on the very right side and very left side. They are exposing the alt or title tags for the images and pushing the alt text below the graphic...it looks really ugly and messes up the look of the site.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
    • By D. S.
      We are 12 days away from the final UFC card of the year. Since it was announced, it has taken some blows due to injury and lost some of it's star power. Still, it's an overall solid card and should deliver. Card still isn't final with Jamie Varner vs Melvin Guillard being moved over from the TUF 16 Finale and nobody being able to explain how Erik Perez vs Byron Bloodworth is so high on the Preliminary order. I'll post the full card, with the correct bout order, as soon as it's available.