• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#61 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:27

The 7Digital Music Store app is kind of neat. You can stream and download all of your purchased music and even pin artists, albums or playlists to the Start screen. Seems cool. I wonder why this isn't implemented in Microsoft's own Music app.

Pinning albums to the start screen is a nice option but I bet not something many think of doing. In the end it just adds to the mix of all the other things you have pinned that are probably more important.

#62 Lime1015

Lime1015

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:07

Forismatic is kinda neat. At least it can inspire people who find Start Screen depressing :p

#63 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:43

The 7Digital Music Store app is kind of neat. You can stream and download all of your purchased music and even pin artists, albums or playlists to the Start screen. Seems cool. I wonder why this isn't implemented in Microsoft's own Music app.

That's a great point, especially considering it's possible to pin albums and artists to the Start screen in Windows Phone. I really do hope Microsoft are working on updates to many of the built-in apps, to be released soon (perhaps by GA). There are a few features I'd like to see, most importantly, toast notifications in People, automatic refresh of What's New in People, Facebook Music integration in Xbox Music, and support for offline Facebook messages in Messaging.

#64 Subhadip

Subhadip

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:22

Zentomi Reader - Best Google Reader client I have used thus far.

#65 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Windows Embedded Standard 8 & Server 2012/08 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:32

The remote desktop application is awesome better than the desktop version with tab support although no file copy paste support

#66 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 06 September 2012 - 13:00

Zentomi Reader - Best Google Reader client I have used thus far.

Crashes for me when I want to start it :/ (tried reinstalling it)

#67 Subhadip

Subhadip

Neowinian

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:17

There are definitely a lot of bugs / missing features (like many WinRT apps) but the good news is they are working on it at a furious pace. There have been 3 updates in the last 4-5 days. I am fairly confident it will be mature to be a pretty good app in a few weeks, if not by GA time. They have also improved the in-line browser significantly in the matter of days so they are adding features as well. On a related note, Pulse works brilliantly on WinRT IE 10, really looking forward to the app. Discourse hasn't appeared back in the RTM store yet, that was one of the best apps in the RP store.

#68 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:56

I have one (actually two) big problem with the Win8 Store... There is no version number, and release/update date displayed for apps in the store. I really missing these... :wacko:

#69 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:07

Anyone tried Flux? If you can get past the pink, then I think it's the best RSS reader that I've tried from the Store. The only thing I don't like as of now is that it doesn't support 2-finger scrolling when browsing feeds

#70 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:15

I have one (actually two) big problem with the Win8 Store... There is no version number, and release/update date displayed for apps in the store. I really missing these... :wacko:

I have to agree - give users the option to see version number and latest release date in the store please, Microsoft.

#71 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:33

I have to agree - give users the option to see version number and latest release date in the store please, Microsoft.

This. Also, a way to sort based on date of last update.

#72 Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Nazmus Shakib Khandaker

Neowinian

Posted 07 September 2012 - 20:50

Yes, we need this!

#73 revanmj

revanmj

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:06

Flux and Zentomi crashes on start too for me :(

#74 Wyn6

Wyn6

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 925

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:17

... Discourse hasn't appeared back in the RTM store yet, that was one of the best apps in the RP store.

I use Discourse daily. It's an excellent app. I certainly hope it's back in the Store by GA. I can't say enough about it.

#75 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:35

I use Discourse daily. It's an excellent app. I certainly hope it's back in the Store by GA. I can't say enough about it.

Yeah, me too. I use that a lot on RP. What I want is something similar to Misha Reader in terms of interface but none has really come up with that yet.

Posted Image

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!