Share your Windows 8/8.1 (Store) app recommendations

Is there a way you can make it look at SkyDrive for photos? The app looks beautiful in the screenshots but all my photos are on skydrive

The is probably the most requested feature, and will definitely be coming, but will be a decent amount of work to integrate it well into the app. I am planning on finishing up a bunch of simpler features I want to add, and then will start on that.

The is probably the most requested feature, and will definitely be coming, but will be a decent amount of work to integrate it well into the app. I am planning on finishing up a bunch of simpler features I want to add, and then will start on that.

Fantastic! Thanks for the hard work, can't be easy doing this in your own time. I have so much respect for developers :)

Fantastic! Thanks for the hard work, can't be easy doing this in your own time. I have so much respect for developers :)

Thanks! It definitely helps having a supportive wife when you spend so much time after work sitting at the computer at home working some more. :)

If you want to be kept up to date on future updates, feel free to follow me on Twitter at @Memorylage. I promise I don't spam.

Chameleon

Features

• Swicth lock screen background atuomatically
  • Picture share
  • Picture download
  • Bing Daily of picture
  • NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day
  • National Geographic picture of the Day
  • Flickr Interestingness pictures
  • Wikipedia picture of the Day

I guess I'll post my own application - Music Info http://apps.microsof...bd-90cc214cc09f

It's meant to be a music discovery application, with some pretty photos. But it plays your mp3/wav files too (and DRM free AAC & WMA if you pay too), and with better performance than Xbox Music. It wasn't initially intended to be a music player, so not everything is there yet (like playlists), but people seem to really like it.

Screenshot.9980.1000000.jpg

I guess I'll post my own application - Music Info http://apps.microsof...bd-90cc214cc09f

It's meant to be a music discovery application, with some pretty photos. But it plays your mp3/wav files too (and DRM free AAC & WMA if you pay too), and with better performance than Xbox Music. It wasn't initially intended to be a music player, so not everything is there yet (like playlists), but people seem to really like it.

Screenshot.9980.1000000.jpg

How hard is it to add support for more audio formats? Just wondering really.

Just finished my latest app. It's quite popular and has been downloaded a few hundred times per day for the past month or so. It's called Wavematrix, and can be found here. It's inspired by Tonematrix, a Flash application somebody made. I just extended upon its functionality, and made it a bit more fun. It allows you to create sound or music in just a few minutes.

A screenshot can be found in the attachment.

post-367030-0-93059900-1353612064.png

TuneUp IncrediLock

It provides widgets on the lock screen. As of now, only a sticky note can be placed. Note that you have to choose a lock screen picture first before you can use the widget.

This does not work with Chameleon so the rotating lock screen pictures will be disabled when this app is active.

Personally, I prefer to-dos because I rarely spend time on the lock screen.

How hard is it to add support for more audio formats? Just wondering really.

Well, lets put it like this: there's a reason there's not a single application in the store that adds support for extra audio file formats at the moment :p

Microsoft should really chuck out a sample at some point...

If DOSBox could be ported onto WindowsRT, that would be amazing.

Aeon (also on Codeplex) seems like it would be easier to port, at least for me (C# is a lot more my forte than DOSBox's C++), and just glancing over it, it doesn't seem to suck.

Anybody else interested on working on this (or a real DOSBox port)? I'd be willing to give it a try :)

Here at that site I have a series called What's on my Start Screen.

I'm at my 5th Episode and these are all recommendations for decent and appealing Windows 8 Apps.

Has facebook touch been mentioned? If not, I like it much better than a browser. It's basically the Modern UI version of the HTML 5 app. No timeline support yet.

My wife loves that Facebook touch app Morgan. (Picked up a Surface over the weekend) I hope they add timeline soon, it would really flesh out the widescreen view (she prefers it vertical atm because of this) like it does in the People app.

Adobe Reader is in the Store now.

Not bad... until I see it using 200 MB. Same pdf in Modern Reader - 36 MB. It is more responsive though, to be fair.

Interesting to see the Windows Store growth is actually accelerating. Over 30000 apps now, adding in at 600-700 apps per day, and accelerating. Very likely there will be 50,000 apps by the time Windows 8 is 3 months old. By the time Windows Blue comes along there will probably be more apps than Android tablets and perhaps even iPads.

• 3 weeks later...

Apps that I love and use are:

Netflix - Movies/Video streaming app

Amazon - Shopping

Tune in Radio - Music streaming app

Khan's Academy - Educational videos. Covers variety of topics.

Kindle - Book reader

Wikipedia - Encyclopedia

Wordament - Word making game

Jetpack joyride - Arcade game