#31 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:08

It is nice looking but not as hot as you neobond <3

Get a room you two.

On topic, I'm waiting for people to come in and scream how there's too much white in that screen Johnny. I have never personally used IRC with a white background, I can't. I've got mIRC/UPP going with the old X-chat color scheme (black background, white text with other text colors for different things).

#32 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:34

Get a room you two.

On topic, I'm waiting for people to come in and scream how there's too much white in that screen Johnny. I have never personally used IRC with a white background, I can't. I've got mIRC/UPP going with the old X-chat color scheme (black background, white text with other text colors for different things).

I've never actually used a proper IRC program before - I've only ever used Opera's built in IRC and that's white just because it's a web browser. I have no idea what a normal IRC program even looks like :p

#33 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:39

I've never actually used a proper IRC program before - I've only ever used Opera's built in IRC and that's white just because it's a web browser. I have no idea what a normal IRC program even looks like :p

Here's HexChat on Win8:

Capture.PNG

#34 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 76

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:47

I won't be using it again until the memory leaked is fixed.

#35 Aethec

Aethec

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:02

I came up with a slightly cleaner design for this an hour or two after I originally saw this topic but I haven't had any time to implement it - maybe if someone else has some free time to play with it they can bring it too life? :p

[snipped]

I like the new messages count, I'll do that. But the rest is a bit too...line-less for me.

I planned on releasing a new version soon, which works on .NET 4.5 only (no XP). Is .NET 4.5 already on Windows Update ?
My current installer doesn't have a bootstrapper to install .NET, so I can't use the automatic update method to give a version that won't work on most computers.

@Neobond: The leaks should be fixed in the next version. There still is one small leak, but I can't control that - if you quit all the channels, there's a high probability that some users will stay in memory. But that memory will be freed next time you open a channel, so it's no big deal.

#36 subcld

subcld

Neowinian

• Phone: Lumia 720 + 520

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:13

it looks refreshing finally something that doesn't look like an app from 1995
i'll use it as a default

#37 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 76

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:19

I like the new messages count, I'll do that. But the rest is a bit too...line-less for me.

I planned on releasing a new version soon, which works on .NET 4.5 only (no XP). Is .NET 4.5 already on Windows Update ?
My current installer doesn't have a bootstrapper to install .NET, so I can't use the automatic update method to give a version that won't work on most computers.

It's already out? http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=29909 update already :p

#38 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:20

@Neobond: The leaks should be fixed in the next version. There still is one small leak, but I can't control that - if you quit all the channels, there's a high probability that some users will stay in memory. But that memory will be freed next time you open a channel, so it's no big deal.

...Why don't you do your own garbage collection then, instead of letting the Framework do it?

#39 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:20

If its a garbage collection issue, it's not a memor leak

#40 Aethec

Aethec

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:28

...Why don't you do your own garbage collection then, instead of letting the Framework do it?

It's not a GC issue, the GC is doing fine.
But WPF keeps strong references to old collections just in case they update, and only cleans its list of collections when you add one.

#41 Metro4sure

Metro4sure

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 02 November 2012 - 19:39

hi people, can we suggest a few things that would add to the metroirc's functionality/usability, id like to be able to ignore and/or devoice/voice, i'm an op in a channel. The buttons of xchat are really great. Maybe a way to use scripts, like a temperature converter. MetroIRC looks good so far. :)

#42 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 09 February 2013 - 13:56

HexChat has an irritating bug in that whenever it's restarted it will show the connection dialogue AND the server list on startup, even if you check the box otherwise.

I really hate how this doesn't hide the password from visibility when you type it in.

#43 tim_s

tim_s

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:16

Hi Everyone,

This is interesting - I have not used IRC for over 10 years when it was entertainment to pass low times at work. IF one was looking to stay up-to-date with current IT trends etc - How would one deploy IRC for this?

#44 sagum

sagum

Unicorn Doctor

• Phone: LG E900 & Lumia` 610/520/920

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:30

I tend to use a IPv6 connection for most of my IRC sessions, and this client doesn't seem to support it.
Will there be any support for IPv6?

#45 madLyfe

madLyfe

Neowinian

Posted 13 May 2013 - 15:25

any of you guys still using this or how has it come along?