• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#211 CJEric

CJEric

Neowinian Senior

• 2,273 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 16:18

Metro is not at all distracting.

Or, more accurately, you don't find it distracting.

#212 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,023 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 17 November 2012 - 23:10

Hm, but the button is still there in the same place, on hover :/ I do hope they don't place it back everpresent on the Taskbar.

I'm not talking about taking up any amount of space on the taskbar per se, the space is already there with the odd gap between the screen edge and the first taskbar button. I just mean put some kind of visual hint that it's there would be nice for helping migrate users to the start screen. Something like the "Show Desktop" button in Windows 7, but on the left/top (depending on your taskbar orientation). I've not got any kind of problem with the start screen in particular, but having all these magic hotspots is a usability no-no.

#213 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:45

Listen. There is two sides to every story, and I know these Win8 threads can get a little 'heated' at times, for that, I apologise if I have stepped off the mark, please forgive me.

All I ask is that, maybe what works for you, just works, great, but please try and accept that quite a few do not see it that way, also great. But, not all will accept 'change' just because YOU think its right, and why should they? People have differing opinions, regardless of what YOU think should be the norm, and I'm not saying they are correct either, but either way, it should ALL be respected regardless, no matter what point of view?

We all end up going around in circles otherwise, and I am as guilty as the next.

Thank you.