Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

Anyone else reckon it's Vogel that is doing all the killings? I have to agree though, it's been a disappointing last season so far. I was always expecting the last season would've been Dexter on the run after being found out but no, seems like exactly the opposite. Seems he'll live "happily ever after"

Oh come on guys, it's really not that bad. It's a bit different maybe but it's the last season, they have to find a way to wrap things up, answer things that could have used some clarifying, ...

I think it's been great and looks to get even better. Everything starts falling into places, everything gets more ######ed up than ever before and it's really great.

If you all really think it's that bad you wouldn't watch it, I think.

(I also love Vogel. Charlotte Rampling is a great actress and she's portraying a very interesting character here.)

I think the writers for the show went on holiday and left the janitorial staff to write the last season.

Yeah I think they got their vacation time at the wrong time :no:

I've been enjoying the season.  Last night was a bit dry though.  The preview for next week indicates more drama awaits involving Saxon.  I kinda wish Lumen would make an appearance, she was always my fave companion of his.

The actors and writers must be getting bored, because this last episode had some really ****ty weird acting, and crappy storyline. Really goofy lately.

Seems like they all just cant wait for it just to be over with. sad.

I was thinking the same thing. It was especially weird when Hannah & Deb were eating dinner together. That entire scene was so strange and laughable.

I was thinking the same thing. It was especially weird when Hannah & Deb were eating dinner together. That entire scene was so strange and laughable.

After shooting LaGuerta it was made pretty obvious that Deb's love of Dexter meant she was prepared to go to strange places to keep him happy

After shooting LaGuerta it was made pretty obvious that Deb's love of Dexter meant she was prepared to go to strange places to keep him happy

No, not talking about the fact that they were eating, just the feeling of the scene. It felt over-the-top and cheesy.

The progress of Deb in this season is crazy...  From being drunk about killing LaGuerta, meeting Voguel and watching the videos with Dad, to wanting to kill herself and Dex, and suddenly somewhat accepting it all and even eating with Hannah, the girl she wanted dead like 1 or 2 episodes ago...  All to please Dexter.

Give me a break....

And I saw the preview, and it seems like it's going to be those last 3 episodes were all the action will take place.

It's so bad, I'm stating to think that it would be nice to see Dexter on the table being killed....

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks this season is weird.

I was hoping for high tension and maybe some big manhunt trying to chase down Dexter. Instead we get weird storyline. Vogel at first sounded interested and i thought she would be the one who realises Dexter is a serial killer, instead she is his "spiritual" mother. Plus it is weird how she refers to psychopaths.

I'm still going to watch it as i've invested 7 seasons of it so far.

They should have looked to Breaking Bad to see how to do a final season.

What's so amazing is that we've got two shows that were on the same level at some point in their history, Dexter & Breaking Bad, that are ending this year. Breaking Bad has continued to knock my socks off, being amazing with each episode of the final season; yet Dexter continues to go down hill.

What I don't understand is why they aren't writing Dexter like what would be more realistic.

I thought for sure that this season would offer some glimpse into Dexter finally getting what he "deserves" like what Walter is. I mean, let's face it, the flashforwards for Walter look bleak. The writers are at least giving him some punishment. But Dexter? He apparently will sail off into the sunset with Hannah with little to no actual justice.

A freaking happy ending! Did Showtime hire Disney writers this season?

I have to agree that I look forward to Breaking Bad much more than Dexter this season, which is a shame because Dexter is great too.

What's so amazing is that we've got two shows that were on the same level at some point in their history, Dexter & Breaking Bad, that are ending this year. Breaking Bad has continued to knock my socks off, being amazing with each episode of the final season; yet Dexter continues to go down hill.

What I don't understand is why they aren't writing Dexter like what would be more realistic.

I thought for sure that this season would offer some glimpse into Dexter finally getting what he "deserves" like what Walter is. I mean, let's face it, the flashforwards for Walter look bleak. The writers are at least giving him some punishment. But Dexter? He apparently will sail off into the sunset with Hannah with little to no actual justice.

A freaking happy ending! Did Showtime hire Disney writers this season?

Exactly what i think. He can't really have a happy ending. As much as him being a "decent" guy. He still is a serial killer.

I started watching the show a few weeks a go and to be honest I am enjoying it, I am all caught up. Id even re-watch Season 8 TBH.

They had a big manhunt for him in Season 2, doing it again would just be treading over old ground.

I agree that this final season of Dexter has been a little disappointing, cause it doesn't seem like it's the final season. I was expecting a high tension, suspenseful action packed manhunt, or something that shows that Dexter is in danger of being caught or killed. If I was writing it, I would've started the first episode with Dexter being on the run from the police because they are onto him, but then show that was a flash forward in the future, so go back and tell the story from the beginning, but at least the audience would know that the final episodes will revolve around him getting caught or possibly killed. Maybe show something like Deb goes to jail for tampering with evidence, and Dexter has to find ways to clear her of the charges. Something that shows that Dexter's actions do have consequences for other people as well. This would've led to him interacting with Captain Matthews more, and we would've eventually found out that he helped Harry create the code, that he knew about Dexter all along, cause his character has always seemed a little shady. This also would've lead into the spinoff show, which they should call Miami Metro, and have it focus on a great, singular storyline each season. Pretty much like The Killing, but uncensored on Showtime would be awesome!

The storylines haven't been bad. I am still interested in the show, but I do feel like it should've been more like Breaking Bad, or Sons of Anarchy, which have great characters, exciting storylines, twists and turns that actually make sense and show real consequences to characters' actions, and edge of your seat tension each season, which not many shows can do consistently. Any other shows like that? I have just started to watch Justified, which is pretty good so far. I'm only a couple of episodes in, but The Americans is another good one. Banshee was great! I have never seen them, but everybody raves about The Wire, 24, Boardwalk Empire. I'm looking for those action packed thrill ride type shows with great characters, storylines, and twists and turns.

So,

Voguel is dead

, and now, we need something dramatic to end this season and show.  Life seems good for Deb, wow, look how she evolved and so quickly, returning detective, back to kissing Quinn...  Maybe Saxon should end that and kill Deb?  And let that Marshall find Hannah, and for the all dramatic ending, Dexter going to prison.

Now that would be a tragic ending...

But, Saxon is going to kill Hannah, Marshall will kill Saxon, Deb is still kissing Quinn and Dexter is going to leave heartbroken...

OR...

Saxon is going to kill Hanna, Dexter will kill Saxon, Deb is still kissing Quinn and Marshall takes Dexter to prison (for helping Hannah)....

OR....!!!

And that's the ending...

Coming soon : Masters of Sex, that should be good to watch!

Exactly what i think. He can't really have a happy ending. As much as him being a "decent" guy. He still is a serial killer.

The writers created a plot device that Dexter couldn't help what he does, he doesn't have free will, and that allowed them to completely throw realism out the window, and create a pretty unrealistic persona for him.

Really, it doesn't matter that much, because "don't be a serial killer or it'll blow up in your face" really isn't a moral message. Its more like practical advice. There are ways they could have embedded moral messages in the show, but they didn't ever try.

Maybe show something like Deb goes to jail for tampering with evidence, and Dexter has to find ways to clear her of the charges. Something that shows that Dexter's actions do have consequences for other people as well. 

That wouldn't really show that. Deb tampering with evidence would be her choice; Dexter wouldn't be responsible for it. Just like her killing LaGuerta over her brother was her choice. "You're going to get caught by the law" isn't much of a moral statement either. Its like your parents telling you not to do drugs because its illegal.

That's why I'm saying the writers have used "people can't help what they do" as an excuse for everything. Dexter can't help killing. Deb can't help doing everything for her brother. And the only consequences they're getting is from making bad practical choices, not making bad moral choices.

I'm starting to think the leaked plot/spoilers of the final episode might be true. If so, it'll be pretty interesting to say the least. ;)

I haven't read any of them, but I'm hoping that Dexter puts all of the writers and showrunner(s) from this season and puts them on his table and then Deb shoots him after he's done and then turns the gun on herself. Quinn goes crazy and blows up Miami Metro HQ killing everyone else that's a major character in the show and all minor characters die of a heart attack from their grief.

I am so happy that this piece of crap of a season is almost over and that this show will never be back on the air. So incredibly bad. :pinch: