Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

The writers created a plot device that Dexter couldn't help what he does, he doesn't have free will, and that allowed them to completely throw realism out the window, and create a pretty unrealistic persona for him.

Really, it doesn't matter that much, because "don't be a serial killer or it'll blow up in your face" really isn't a moral message. Its more like practical advice. There are ways they could have embedded moral messages in the show, but they didn't ever try.

Dexter is about entertainment not pandering to other people's sense of morality.

Dexter is about entertainment not pandering to other people's sense of morality.

Didn't ever suggest they should pander to people's sense of morality. They could have dealt with the moral implications of his life, which is not pandering, but exploring a topic. But yes, they sidestepped that and just went with entertainment.

That's the point, Dexter was supposed to be different. It's not as if the "crime is bad" angle hasn't been done to death in mainstream media.

That's the point, Dexter was supposed to be different. It's not as if the "crime is bad" angle hasn't been done to death in mainstream media.

I'm not talking about a blunt "crime is bad" message either, but intellectually exploring the idea of morality, for instance, like sci fi does all the time. It seems like Dexter, and other shows, like Breaking Bad, approach this a little, but only focus on practical consequences, so barely brush the surface.

You lot are having a laugh.

Dexter is poor for the last few seasons, but so now is Breaking bad, it was only entertaining in season 3 and 4. I just use it to fall asleep this season, very long dull and drawn out.

Another point, dexter was entertaining from the beginning, its pretty much universally accepted online that the first 2 seasons of breaking bad were mind numbing. It has to be the most overrated show ever.

Both have disappointed me.

Parts of this episode were really good, and it was probably the best episode of the season (which is horrendous when you think about it). Can't wait for it to be over next week. 

I really can't believe that the Marshall was that dumb.

That and the fact he just takes the guys word for it who was in no danger and leaves a load of knives in his reach and undoes that hand nearest to them first?!?

The Marshall bit was quite stupid, he was following Deb, he knew that at least she was there, he could have tried to check with her before undoing Saxon...

With the preview, we know that Deb is alive...  How is it going to end...?

The Marshall bit was quite stupid, he was following Deb, he knew that at least she was there, he could have tried to check with her before undoing Saxon...

Just more evidence that the writers of this show have completely lost it.

I really hate bashing this show because I am still a huge fan of the characters, but this season has just been an utter disaster, one right after another. No Deputy Marshall is going to let go a guy he knows nothing about (even though he's been all over TV for the past 12 or so hours) without first checking with the law enforcement officer on scene. Even if he thought Deb did have Hannah in that building, when he didn't find her, I find it incredibly hard to believe that he wouldn't ask her who this guy was first. Period. Stupid, stupid, stupid writing.

I really hate bashing this show because I am still a huge fan of the characters, but this season has just been an utter disaster, one right after another. No Deputy Marshall is going to let go a guy he knows nothing about (even though he's been all over TV for the past 12 or so hours) without first checking with the law enforcement officer on scene. Even if he thought Deb did have Hannah in that building, when he didn't find her, I find it incredibly hard to believe that he wouldn't ask her who this guy was first. Period. Stupid, stupid, stupid writing.

Was downhill ever since Deb found out her brother was a serial killer. Was worse when Dexter met Hannah and the story arc slowly turned into "She's so pretty, I don't feel like killing people anymore."

Was downhill ever since Deb found out her brother was a serial killer. Was worse when Dexter met Hannah and the story arc slowly turned into "She's so pretty, I don't feel like killing people anymore."

What's funny is that (spoiler regarding Dexter novels)

Deb has known in the novels for quite some time now and it hasn't hurt that story

. I definitely agree, they changed the character way to much when he went from an non-empathetic sociopath to a sociopath with feelings (which isn't possible).

You lot are having a laugh.

Dexter is poor for the last few seasons, but so now is Breaking bad, it was only entertaining in season 3 and 4. I just use it to fall asleep this season, very long dull and drawn out.

Another point, dexter was entertaining from the beginning, its pretty much universally accepted online that the first 2 seasons of breaking bad were mind numbing. It has to be the most overrated show ever.

Both have disappointed me.

Are you insane? Last night's episode of breaking bad was one of the greatest episodes of television I've ever seen!

I agree dexter has gone downhill, I couldn't even finish this season (and it started going downhill far before this season, season 4 was only good because of john lithgow's amazing performance, season 3 was meh, and everything after season 4 was varying degrees of bad). but don't drag breaking bad into it! IMO the two shows can't even be compared, they are on totally different levels of quality.

• Like 2

Are you insane? Last night's episode of breaking bad was one of the greatest episodes of television I've ever seen!

I agree dexter has gone downhill, I couldn't even finish this season (and it started going downhill far before this season, season 4 was only good because of john lithgow's amazing performance, season 3 was meh, and everything after season 4 was varying degrees of bad). but don't drag breaking bad into it! IMO the two shows can't even be compared, they are on totally different levels of quality.

I stopped watching Breaking Bad during season 2 because of the overbearing family drama.  I've heard it's worth slogging through that for the rest of the show but I just lost touch with it and started watching other things.

I've still enjoyed all Dexter seasons, this one seems a little anti-climactic, but oh well.  It'll be over soon!

First, the deputy has been trailing Deb, so I truly doubt he was by a TV or has a police scanner in his POV. His focus was on Deb and Hannah, and since Hannah is a convicted killer, of course he's going to rescue the guy. Deb wasn't around when he went into the room. If you were him you'd leave the guy and look for Deb who might be with a killer? Come on. I'm bet majority of people would have rescued him, especially on how much of a victim he looked (ie: tied up, gagged and had a bunch of knives near him).

First, the deputy has been trailing Deb, so I truly doubt he was by a TV or has a police scanner in his POV. His focus was on Deb and Hannah, and since Hannah is a convicted killer, of course he's going to rescue the guy. Deb wasn't around when he went into the room. If you were him you'd leave the guy and look for Deb who might be with a killer? Come on. I'm bet majority of people would have rescued him, especially on how much of a victim he looked (ie: tied up, gagged and had a bunch of knives near him).

I don't buy he would just release a guy without any information on who he is. Not going to happen in real life. This guy was in NO immediate danger with a US Marshall there; I'm fairly confident the Marshall would have "cleared" the scene and called for backup before just simply releasing him. Checked on his wellbeing, yes, but releasing him, no. I don't buy it.

These guys are trained to protect themselves FIRST. That's why so many cops these days shoot first, ask questions later.

I don't buy he would just release a guy without any information on who he is. Not going to happen in real life. This guy was in NO immediate danger with a US Marshall there; I'm fairly confident the Marshall would have "cleared" the scene and called for backup before just simply releasing him. Checked on his wellbeing, yes, but releasing him, no. I don't buy it.

These guys are trained to protect themselves FIRST. That's why so many cops these days shoot first, ask questions later.

Are you in any way affiliated with law enforcement?

I never heard of cops these days shooting first and asking questions later.

I just find it funny that Saxon didn't password protect his laptop, or lock the cabinet he put it in. I guess he thought locking the building made everything safe... even though he still felt the desire to close the cabinet shut instead of just leaving his laptop out in the open.

I just find it funny that Saxon didn't password protect his laptop, or lock the cabinet he put it in. I guess he thought locking the building made everything safe... even though he still felt the desire to close the cabinet shut instead of just leaving his laptop out in the open.

Same thing for Dr. Voguel laptop...  Nobody seem to use password....  Make things easier for Dexter!!

Is the finale going to be more than the usual 50minutes? like a 2 hour special finale? :o

Cant imagine them cramming everything into 50 min, well nevermind, the way this season has been going i can imagine that.

They probably will have so much ###### in it that will leave people saying "what?".   I have been a fan of every season, except this one, it's irritating.   

Just catching up on my episodes and.... this is where Joey's hairplugs are:

4MgVBHy.jpg

He should of been the big balding guy from season one, IMHO, but maybe the actor's vanity got in the way.

post-43525-0-65834000-1379677674.jpg