Former LAPD officer goes over the edge

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#16 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• 1,093 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:21

I feel this is needed. As he said in the manifesto, there is no way to stop the corruption of the police. They all back each other in their wrong doings. There is no "legal" or "right" way to fix such corruption. The only way is to do something so extreme, that it forces everyone to open their eyes and stop ignoring such wrong doings. Since the police refuse to police themselves, the only solution is for others to do it, through which ever methods will actually work. Since using their legal system doesn't work, you have to go outside the lines of the law.
It won't be long until actual civilians start doing this if the law keeps covering up the corruption of those in uniform.
For now, I choose to believe his side. The media and cops are all about covering up what they can. The truth is that until cops are treated and held accountable as regular citizens, or even held accountable to a higher degree, it will not stop. It's about time an officer decided to fix it, and sadly it will end with that officer in the worst of lights when it is done. Lets just hope he does enough to awaken the system that this type of corruption will not be tolerated anymore and that something must be done about those in uniform.

So you condone the killing of Monica Quan and her fiance (Keith Lawrence) by this scum?

From his manifesto...

I never had the opportunity to have a family of my
own, I’m terminating yours. Quan, Anderson, Evans, and BOR members Look your
wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to
why your children are dead.

Sorry, but I can not see how you can possibly defend this person.

#17 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,465 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:24

http://documents.lat...rner-manifesto/

Better than the Fox News one.

The original version can be found at:
http://content.clear..._1360213161.pdf
Apparently there has been some editing done by a 3rd party, the original is shorter by 7 pages than the one on the LA times, doesn't have any names blanked out, and doesn't talk about any celebrities.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47

What a nutcase. How did he ever get to be a police officer?

#19 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:52

Sounds to me like this guy has very thin skin. Overhearing another officer saying the word "<< racial epithet >>" and starts a fight with fellow officers. Seriously? No wonder why is was fired. Maybe they were looking for excuses to fire him, but if this is the sort of person he is, they would find one way or another to do it because an Police Officer who can't start verbal insults, much less ones that were not even directed at him, is not fit to serve duty.

Sure there is corruption in the Police forces, but it has to be widespread enough (and more than just using the "<< racial epithet >>" word and a few assaults here and there) for the Politicians to take notice. Then they can order a investigation that is of a higher level of the Police if there is a demand for it (In commonwealth countries this is called a "Royal Commission", I'm not sure what the term would be in the US). Taking matters into your own hand is not going to get the point across as you are doing what you are protesting against. Same with Islamic terrorists. I hope they take him down and he loses public support. If some of the more serious allegations he makes are true, this should be looked into separately, not as a result of his actions.

#20 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:53

Police are people too, they have the same issues at times.

Lol

#21 yo popcaan

yo popcaan

Neowinian

• 50 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:06

Looks like the LAPD's true face has come out. The media is spreading lies about the ex-cop, defending the LAPD.

Another day in mainstream media.

#22 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,775 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 15:35

Posted Image

http://usnews.nbcnew...livering-papers

There was another story that they shot at another truck hours later. Two shootings by mistake. **** that. I hope the parties own the city after that. Two different trucks at different times. All the wrong people.

#23 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 08 February 2013 - 15:59

Write some **** up
shoot a few
instant famous

And that **** gets circulated forever.

#24 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:05

Lol

Sorry but I do not see the humor in this thread or in my post. I said that Police are people too and they have issues. If you are not aware being a Cop is a very stress related job. Every time you put that uniform on and go to work , you are putting your life on the line. Maybe this guy just cracked. It does happen. Being a Cop in a large city, especially LA is stressful.

#25 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,475 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:07

Looks like the LAPD's true face has come out. The media is spreading lies about the ex-cop, defending the LAPD.

Another day in mainstream media.

You're siding with the guy who has set out on a killing spree? :|

#26 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:16

Sorry but I do not see the humor in this thread or in my post. I said that Police are people too and they have issues. If you are not aware being a Cop is a very stress related job. Every time you put that uniform on and go to work , you are putting your life on the line. Maybe this guy just cracked. It does happen. Being a Cop in a large city, especially LA is stressful.

Sorry, but being a cop isn't even listed as one of the 10th most dangerous jobs. Being a farmer is more likely to kill you than being an officer. Learn the facts and stop watching too much TV.
Occupation --------------------------------Fatal Work Injuries per 100,000 FTE Workers-------------------- Number of Fatal Work Injuries
1. Fishers and Related Fishing Workers-------------------------------------121.2----------------------------------------------40
2. Logging Workers ---------------------------------------------- 102.4 ---------------------------------------------- 64
3. Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers ---------------------------------------------- 57.0 ---------------------------------------------- 72
4. Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors ---------------------------------------------- 41.2 ---------------------------------------------- 34
5. Roofers ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 31.8 ----------------------------------------------56
6. Structural Iron and Steel Workers ---------------------------------------------- 26.9----------------------------------------------16
7. Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers-----------------------25.3----------------------------------------------260
8. Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers----------------------------------------------24.0----------------------------------------------759
9. Electrical Power Line Installers----------------------------------------------20.3----------------------------------------------27
10. Taxi Drivers and Chauffeurs----------------------------------------------19.7----------------------------------------------63

I'm not for innocents being killed, but something has to be done. The only thing that makes a difference in these days and ages, are the loss of life. Since we can not fix the corrupted law through the corrupted law, the only way to is now by going outside of the law. It's a sad fact. Innocents will die in life. It happens. But as any smart person knows, Destruction brings upon new life and new ways of life. This isn't something that doesn't apply to humans. We follow this universal law.

#27 FunkyMike

FunkyMike

Neowinian OldSkooler

• 467 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:16

Has anyone here seen Training Day or Street Kings?

7 LA County sheriff's anti-gang unit deputies to be fired for membership in clique:
http://www.startribu...31.html?refer=y

Police shoot two in Torrance in search for ex-LAPD cop:
http://latimesblogs....-shootings.html

#28 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:32

Has anyone here seen Training Day or Street Kings?

7 LA County sheriff's anti-gang unit deputies to be fired for membership in clique:

Police shoot two in Torrance in search for ex-LAPD cop:

Your first link goes to the 2nd link :p

It's a sad reality that this is something that is needed at the moment. Unless some brave high ranking government figure steps in and somehow starts a war on the corruption of our police force and the others that are a part of it, the only other way is through vigilantism. Talking to them or going through the courts won't do anything. We've seen it plenty of times already. The cops usually just get suspended with pay, and no one learns their lesson, except for the civiilizan; and that lesson is that you can't fight the law with the law and expect to win.
Until cops are held to a higher standard, and are punished to an extreme way that makes all other officers fall into line, corruption will always be rampant. If they know they can get away with it, those in power will do what ever they can do.
Most US citizens never took an oath to follow and obey the law. We just try to do the best we can. Those who have taken the oath though, such as government officials and police officers, should be held in an even higher degree of accountability for when they break it. Instead, it is the opposite, and they get away with breaking the law, while citizens get the worst of it.

#29 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:39

Sorry, but being a cop isn't even listed as one of the 10th most dangerous jobs. Being a farmer is more likely to kill you than being an officer. Learn the facts and stop watching too much TV.

I'm not for innocents being killed, but something has to be done. The only thing that makes a difference in these days and ages, are the loss of life. Since we can not fix the corrupted law through the corrupted law, the only way to is now by going outside of the law. It's a sad fact. Innocents will die in life. It happens. But as any smart person knows, Destruction brings upon new life and new ways of life. This isn't something that doesn't apply to humans. We follow this universal law.

I said it was stressful and in some area it is dangerous. Tell what you posted to the family of the following: I am an ex-cop and i do not watch TV.

http://www.odmp.org/search/year/2011
Line of Duty Deaths: 175

Not too many Accountants are killed on the job!

http://www.smartplan...n-america/11396

I guess the source one uses makes a difference? Oh never mind you did not post one.

#30 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 16:45

I said it was stressful and in some area it is dangerous. Tell what you posted to the family of the following: I am an ex-cop and i do not watch TV.

http://www.odmp.org/search/year/2011
Line of Duty Deaths: 175

Not too many Accountants are killed on the job!

Dude, are you trolling? Ya, never said accountants had a dangerous job. I did list the ones that are more dangerous than a cops. Who cares what a family thinks. I go by what the real world is based off of. Statistics show that being an officer isn't as deadly as many other jobs. It's just people think it is due to all the TV they watch. Some area's might be bad, but over all, it isn't. I don't look at just 1 part of the puzzle though to get my ideas. I look at what is called ALL the puzzle.
My uncle is an ex-sherrif. He quit due to the reason this guy is going on his rampage. He couldn't handle how ****ed the law really is on the inside, and wasn't willing to "play the game" to be buddy buddy with the others on the field who were doing wrong. He quit and became a pastor to try and help in a different way. He didn't quit because he thought it was dangerous. He has even told me he was rarely if ever in any real danger. But the constant abuse of the law by the others in his precinct, and the general abuse of it by all others, was not something he was going to put up with. He said he felt more threatened by those on "his side" than any encounter he has ever had while on duty. Whistle blowers that are police who call out other police are seen as a threat by those in the blue.