Former LAPD officer goes over the edge

Heard about this bloke earlier, nice chap it seems! /s

That link you provided, did you go to it yourself? Even magnified it's still to small to read.

That link you provided, did you go to it yourself? Even magnified it's still to small to read.

Came up OK for me, normal sized text.

Seems ok here. But I do apologize. I'm sure there are more links to it.

Is there a TL;DR? The redacted names are killing my flow and I don't care enough keep reading like that.

TL;DR

He feels that LAPD politics, and racial bias has done he and others unjustly. He feels as though he's exhausted all legal, political, civil, and honorable recourse and will now draw attention to his cause by killing those he deems responsible for or willfully ignorant of the ills that plague the department. He claims he's well armed, determined, knows all police tactics and procedures and will be hard to stop and has nothing to lose. He also claims that the killings will only stop once his "good name" is restored publicly.

Anyway, my take is this. The sad thing is, there's probably a lot of truth to what he's saying about the department and its politics. But, his message will be lost in this exhibition of terrorism. He's taking the misguided approach of some of the world's oppressed peoples. No matter how many more he may kill, more than likely, nothing will change. And, as hopeless as he may have felt about a rectification, his way is not the way to change these things.

I feel this is needed. As he said in the manifesto, there is no way to stop the corruption of the police. They all back each other in their wrong doings. There is no "legal" or "right" way to fix such corruption. The only way is to do something so extreme, that it forces everyone to open their eyes and stop ignoring such wrong doings. Since the police refuse to police themselves, the only solution is for others to do it, through which ever methods will actually work. Since using their legal system doesn't work, you have to go outside the lines of the law.

It won't be long until actual civilians start doing this if the law keeps covering up the corruption of those in uniform.

For now, I choose to believe his side. The media and cops are all about covering up what they can. The truth is that until cops are treated and held accountable as regular citizens, or even held accountable to a higher degree, it will not stop. It's about time an officer decided to fix it, and sadly it will end with that officer in the worst of lights when it is done. Lets just hope he does enough to awaken the system that this type of corruption will not be tolerated anymore and that something must be done about those in uniform.

I'm using Opera and this is what I see.

pic1-120x75.jpg

pic2-120x75.jpg

First pic is no magnification, second is full magnification.

Not that it matters, just showing you what I see. Thanks for the short version Wyn6. :)

Reading an article about his dismissal... seemed as tho' something else was going on since it seemed like he might have been telling the truth about that other officer, at least based on what the victim's parent said. Oh well... he shouldn't have gone of the deep end like that, seems like maybe there was also another reason for his dismissal. Who knows... Sorry for the families of the people he has killed so far.

TL;DR

He feels that LAPD politics, and racial bias has done he and others unjustly. He feels as though he's exhausted all legal, political, civil, and honorable recourse and will now draw attention to his cause by killing those he deems responsible for or willfully ignorant of the ills that plague the department. He claims he's well armed, determined, knows all police tactics and procedures and will be hard to stop and has nothing to lose. He also claims that the killings will only stop once his "good name" is restored publicly.

Anyway, my take is this. The sad thing is, there's probably a lot of truth to what he's saying about the department and its politics. But, his message will be lost in this exhibition of terrorism. He's taking the misguided approach of some of the world's oppressed peoples. No matter how many more he may kill, more than likely, nothing will change. And, as hopeless as he may have felt about a rectification, his way is not the way to change these things.

If I may ask... What would you feel is the right way to go about it? The methods we are supposed to use were already ignored and denied to him. Police corruption is something that is not new to us, and we have plenty of stories about it and the coverups done by those in uniform to protect each other. When all legal methods prove to lead to a dead end in a situation that is clearly not resolved, what method is the "right" method?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

What this guy is doing, is for the good of the country. While it is a "bad" act, it seems to be the only act left in a society that has given police and politics the power to hide their corruption with no recourse of discipline.

kb8OOPV.jpg

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/07/16888732-women-shot-by-cops-were-just-delivering-papers

Women shot by cops were just delivering papers

Two women who were delivering newspapers in Torrance, Calif., early Thursday were shot by jittery Los Angeles police officers who mistakenly thought cop-hunting fugitive Christopher Dorner might be in their vehicle, NBCLosAngeles.com reported.

If I may ask... What would you feel is the right way to go about it? The methods we are supposed to use were already ignored and denied to him. Police corruption is something that is not new to us, and we have plenty of stories about it and the coverups done by those in uniform to protect each other. When all legal methods prove to lead to a dead end in a situation that is clearly not resolved, what method is the "right" method?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

What this guy is doing, is for the good of the country. While it is a "bad" act, it seems to be the only act left in a society that has given police and politics the power to hide their corruption with no recourse of discipline.

First, a couple of questions. Do you believe there are Muslim countries which are being oppressed by non-Muslim nations? If so, have the various terror attacks such as 9/11, Delhi, and the dozens and dozens elsewhere made you want to listen to their message or made you sympathize with their cause?

I hazard a guess and say no. Even though, there may be some truth to what they are saying, most of us cast them off as misguided at best and insane at worst.

The same will be done to this guy. Most will dismiss him as a nutcase, or snapping, or going off the deep-end. This will effectively moot any so-called crusade, point, or cause he may have. I, personally, do not believe that violence should ever be used to make a point or as a means of persuasion. Now, can it be highly effective in that? Of course.. But, those who would resort to such means and are under no physical threat to themselves or others, are probably not people you want to have over for dinner. Well, maybe some would.

But, I don't really wanna get into philosophical discussions on when and if violence should be used. There are certainly other options, legally, and politically speaking. An undercover sting or documentary done in conjunction with federal agents or even on his own, may have worked. Secretly recorded conversations, photos, and video of these corrupt, racist police officers and officials. At least enough evidence to take to the FBI to set up an official investigation.

This has been done throughout the history of law enforcement to great effect. Has it completely alleviated the issue? Obviously not. But, in order to do that you'd have to get rid of ALL people. But, just because YOU (Dorner) feel that you've exhausted all avenues doesn't mean you pick up a gun or make a bomb and start murdering people. Do we now begin to justify murder-suicides or mass murder, because the assailant saw no other way out, no other options? Was Timothy McVeigh right? How about the 9/11 hijackers?

There's always another option. One that doesn't involve death and destruction.

Shoot first, ask questions later. I thought that was standard policy for US policing? Bad humour aside, I hope those officers are fired - it's absolutely unacceptable to shoot up vehicles without being certain of who is inside. Even if it was him, police officers shouldn't been firing more than twenty shots without any apparent precision.

• Like 1

I feel this is needed. As he said in the manifesto, there is no way to stop the corruption of the police. They all back each other in their wrong doings. There is no "legal" or "right" way to fix such corruption. The only way is to do something so extreme, that it forces everyone to open their eyes and stop ignoring such wrong doings. Since the police refuse to police themselves, the only solution is for others to do it, through which ever methods will actually work. Since using their legal system doesn't work, you have to go outside the lines of the law.

It won't be long until actual civilians start doing this if the law keeps covering up the corruption of those in uniform.

For now, I choose to believe his side. The media and cops are all about covering up what they can. The truth is that until cops are treated and held accountable as regular citizens, or even held accountable to a higher degree, it will not stop. It's about time an officer decided to fix it, and sadly it will end with that officer in the worst of lights when it is done. Lets just hope he does enough to awaken the system that this type of corruption will not be tolerated anymore and that something must be done about those in uniform.

So you condone the killing of Monica Quan and her fiance (Keith Lawrence) by this scum?

From his manifesto...

I never had the opportunity to have a family of my

own, I?m terminating yours. Quan, Anderson, Evans, and BOR members Look your

wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to

why your children are dead.

Sorry, but I can not see how you can possibly defend this person.

http://documents.lat...rner-manifesto/

Better than the Fox News one.

The original version can be found at:

http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/616/02/616_1360213161.pdf

Apparently there has been some editing done by a 3rd party, the original is shorter by 7 pages than the one on the LA times, doesn't have any names blanked out, and doesn't talk about any celebrities.

Sounds to me like this guy has very thin skin. Overhearing another officer saying the word "<< racial epithet >>" and starts a fight with fellow officers. Seriously? No wonder why is was fired. Maybe they were looking for excuses to fire him, but if this is the sort of person he is, they would find one way or another to do it because an Police Officer who can't start verbal insults, much less ones that were not even directed at him, is not fit to serve duty.

Sure there is corruption in the Police forces, but it has to be widespread enough (and more than just using the "<< racial epithet >>" word and a few assaults here and there) for the Politicians to take notice. Then they can order a investigation that is of a higher level of the Police if there is a demand for it (In commonwealth countries this is called a "Royal Commission", I'm not sure what the term would be in the US). Taking matters into your own hand is not going to get the point across as you are doing what you are protesting against. Same with Islamic terrorists. I hope they take him down and he loses public support. If some of the more serious allegations he makes are true, this should be looked into separately, not as a result of his actions.

Lol

Sorry but I do not see the humor in this thread or in my post. I said that Police are people too and they have issues. If you are not aware being a Cop is a very stress related job. Every time you put that uniform on and go to work , you are putting your life on the line. Maybe this guy just cracked. It does happen. Being a Cop in a large city, especially LA is stressful.

Looks like the LAPD's true face has come out. The media is spreading lies about the ex-cop, defending the LAPD.

Another day in mainstream media.

You're siding with the guy who has set out on a killing spree? :|